JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – HR Officer/ Cashier in Bartella
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental, non-profit organization based on the ideas of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be the basic values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We have been providing aid in troubled regions and supporting respect for human rights since 1992. Over the past 20 years, we have grown into one of the largest NGOs in Central Europe. We focus on humanitarian aid, development cooperation, human rights and social integration programs.
For PIN’s activities in Iraq, please see more at: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/iraq
About the role:
The HR Officer / Cashier based in Bartella provides daily support to the operation of the Finance and HR Departments of PIN mission in Iraq.
Under overall supervision of the Finance Manager and the HR Manager, the HR Officer/ Cashier based in Bartella is responsible for processing cash operations, issuing and archiving related finance documentation as well as for providing support with coordination and archiving documents related to staff employment, leaves evidence, archiving personnel folders and other tasks specified bellow. On regular basis, the HR Officer/ Cashier closely cooperates with Finance and HR departments in Erbil office of PIN.
The workload within both departments is divided equally, i.e. 50% of time dedicated to Finance related tasks and 50% of time dedicated to HR related tasks.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain the cash register and conduct cash operations for the needs of Bartella office upon complete and proper documentation is received with all necessary approvals and signatures;
- To issue and archive relevant support documents like Cash Advance Requests, Cash Advance Clearances, cover sheets for cash register documents etc.;
- To monitor, whether all financial documents like invoices and cash settlements on assigned cash registers are in line with PIN requirements;
- To upload all relevant documentation (invoices, supporting documentation and Hawala confirmations) related to assigned type of invoices into SharePoint;
- To archive all tasked related documents into ELO folders according PIN Archiving Guidelines;
- To conduct monthly physical cash inventories.
- To provide inputs to regular updates of HR database of Bartella staff maintained in Erbil in real time;
- To provide inputs to regular update of the Annual Leave Register of local staff;
- To collect personnel documents of the Bartella team to be archived in HR personnel folders, both in hard copies and soft copies;
- Ensure HR documentation, including signed contracts and leave requests, is collected from Bartella staff and sent to Erbil Office in a timely manner;
- To coordinate recruitments in Bartella level and assist with the recruitment and hiring of local staff and service providers like cleaners, guards, loaders and drivers;
- To provide support with orientation and induction to new comers, to ensure induction on HR procedures, PIN RDD Code of Conduct and Key Policies, National Staff Policy etc.;
- To support with translation of documents and/or during meetings and trainings.
- Excellent spoken and written English,Arabic
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with accounting and cash operations (maintenance of cash registers)
- Experience with HR administration and recruitment (CV shortlisting, conducting interviews
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong multitasking and coordination skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
Experience from NGO sector desired
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary according to PIN Salary Scale;
- 24 days of paid leave annually;
- Security training
Applications should include following documents:
- Detailed CV in English with contact details
- Mobile phone contact
- At least 2 references
- Contact details for the last employer
Please send the applications by e-mail to: email@example.com with subject “HR Officer/ Cashier in Bartella” by latest 28.03.2019. PIN might contact chosen applicants before mentioned deadline. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.