Implement Health Promotion/IEC activities with patients and local population(s) to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant health topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all types of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Health education for MSF beneficiaries and communities; lead the team of Community health Educators (CHEs) in preparing material (for individual and group sessions) for purposes of health education and service promotion. In addition to developing proposals to adapt ongoing or start new activities.
- Support the project’s understanding of existing health behaviours and practices: analyse messages and information from the CHEs feedback, using monitoring activities pertinent to MSF’s services, to clearly report on community perceptions and existing levels of health literacy.
- Consolidate the link between MSF and the community; plan for outreach and networking activities to identify community based and organizational stakeholders and follow up on engaging them in; awareness raising activities and creating clear referral pathways.
Monitoring and evaluation of HP activities; responsible for data encoding, analysis, and generation reports on outputs and outcomes of HP activities, submitting regularly to the HP supervisor.
- Bachelor’s level in social science, para-medical sciences, communication, nursing or teaching.
- 2 years’ work experience in health promotion, community engagement and mobilization, nursing, social work, communication.
- Good command of Arabic language
- Good command of English language
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
If you are confident about your qualifications meeting the requirements, please send your CVs in English only to [email protected] and mention the job title “Health Promotion Officer” in the subject line or drop your application in closed envelope and mention the job title “Health Promotion Officer “ and put it on the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in East Mosul.
Deadline for receiving job applications is 13th of April 2023
Only CVs in English are acceptable