The Health Liaison Officer assesses and strengthens PUI’s health service provision in order to improve the quality of care. The Health Liaison Officer works alongside the Health Coordinator and the technical health team in the field providing direct support to Project Managers and Health to harmonize and standardize processes, tools and guidelines among the mission. The Health Liaison Officer ensures and trains on a day-to-day basis in the field with the objective for maximum coherence with PUI’s health framework, national and international protocols/ guidelines and best practices.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Programs: He/She conducts assessments and supports implementation and monitoring of health service provision, while integrating PUI’s health policies, national/ international health standards and guidelines.
Human Resources: He/She supports the health team, provides support to Project Managers for recruiting technical staff and facilitates technical training activities on the basis of identified needs.
Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
Representation: He/She represents PUI with partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of health programs.
Safety: He/She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
Strategy: He/She contributes to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
Specific objectives and linked activities
QUALITY ASSURANCE OF MEDICAL PROJECTS ACTIVITIES
He/She works under the supervision of the Health Coordinator to improve the quality health care service provision
He/She supports trainings need assessments (TNA) of project health staff in the mission.
SUPERVISE THE HEALTH TEAM
He/She is familiar with PUI’s Internal Regulations in relation to their geographical area and ensures these are understood and compiled with by the health staff.
REPRESENTATION OF PUI WITH OTHER STAKEHOLDRES
ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PROPERTY AND PEOPLE
CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPOMENT OF NEW PROPOSALS
No direct line management responsibilities
Functional link with all Field Coordinators, Project Managers and health staff working as part of PUI Healthcare Interventions
- Medical doctor, nurse, or similar paramedical background
- College/technical diploma
- Knowledge of international health standards, guidelines (e.g. Sphere, WHO, UNFPA)
- Experience in health education
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of health education and promotion
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies…)
- Must be able and willing to travel to Mosul, Erbil, and Dohuk
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills, notably Excel
- Languages : English, Arabic, Kurdish
- Pack Office: Word, Excel Etc…..
- - Experience in a similar position, or related experience
- Solid technical skills in supervision, training and evaluation
- Experience working for an NGO
- Experience developing standards and guidelines in a constant challenging and emerging needs
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally and with maturity
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV and cover letter:
By email in english at : Ira.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in hard copy to any of the following PUI office in Erbil, Bagdad, Najaf, Duhok, Bardarash.
Please specify as the object of your application: PUI-IRA-HLO
Note that this recruitment will be rolled out on an ongoing basis and PUI reserve the right to select a candidate before the closing date.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the test