The GIS Officer will be expected to carry out the following activities:
- Transfer data from MAG Teams database to the MAG global IMS on a regular basis (daily, weekly or monthly depending on type of data). Ensure that data that is being transferred is up-to-date, complete, accurate and correct.
- Export data from global IMS on request;
- Ensure continuous and correct functionality of the part of the global IMS relevant to MAG programme, by keeping up to date survey forms, feature layers and relations between them, correcting flagged data entry errors, performing data quality checks, setting up mobile data collection and mapping application and devices, as well as reporting any occurring issues to the IMSO or/and RISM.
- Develop new elements of the global IMS such as web-based maps, applications and dashboards as requested;
- Support the IMSO in the creation of new solutions for MAG Teams and global IM Systems as needed;
- Perform spatial and statistical analysis of the collected data;
- Support with the maintenance of all ODK forms;
- Support with the maintenance of excel datasets used in MAG and relative dashboards;
- Support with production of map and reports for MAG programme;
- Any other task required by the line manager.
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Fluent in English,Arabic and Kurdish both spoken and written.
- Excellent understanding of GIS and concept of data management.
- Excellent knowledge of ArcGIS desktop (preferably ArcGIS Pro) and ESRI platform ArcGIS Online.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with design and use of field data collection apps (ODK, Kobo, Survey123.)
- Knowledge of XLS form language.
- Knowledge of coding languages (Python or R) is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in clear, precise and polite manner in both oral and written way.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision, while maintaining necessary communication with supervisor.
- Solution orientated attitude; record of proactively identifying and addressing issues.
Application procedure for the position:
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email Jobs.IQ@maginternational.org The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
All the Applicants must mention the job title(Geographic Information Systems Officer/Erbil) in the subject line of their email. The applications with no job title in the subject line would automatically be rejected.
MAG is an equal opportunities employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is 23rd June 2019. Late applications will not be accepted