The GBV Case Manager will work to ensure improved quality of health and psychosocial support for survivors, support development of a functional referral networks that enhance survivors’ ability to receive confidential, safe, and timely services that meets their needs in a timely manner. She will oversee Case management and psychosocial support services provided to survivors of gender-based violence and women and girls in general, implementation of basic psychosocial support activities for women and girls at the outreach sites and local partner support.
- Provide direct support and care for adult survivors of GBV and age-appropriate specialized support and care for adolescent, male and girl child survivors of GBV, including counseling and case management.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services.
- Establish a hotline and proper management to ensure that survivors from more rural and underserved areas can access information about service provision and that action can be taken to facilitate their ability to receive services in a timely fashion
- Ensure proper documentation of reported GBV incidences through utilization of GBV IMS case intake, action, follow up and other case management forms appropriately.
- Ensure all documentations on reported cases and referrals made are updated, accurate, organized and well maintained by social workers.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and strengthen referral networks and monitor the implementation of the referral pathway to improve survivors access to confidential, safe GBV services in a timely manner to meet their needs
- Ensure adherence to GBV guiding principles and the provision of survivor-centered care (respect wishes, decisions of survivors).
- In consultations with women and girls, develop and support to implement a series of age-appropriate and group emotional and social support activities for women and girls, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of survivors of GBV and strengthening support networks among women and girls.
- In consultations with GBV officer, develop and implement/ share monthly response plan and GBV key messages/issues based on case trends to disseminate information on services available and referral pathways
Training and Mentorship
- Provide/facilitate GBV trainings for all relevant community actors, including; psychosocial First Aid Volunteers, Community Health Volunteers, women groups, other informal and formal community structures, and any other identified groups on GBV topics, including but not limited to: GBV basic concepts &referral pathways, guiding principles, sexual exploitation and abuse
- In collaboration with the Manager, facilitate other GBV response capacity building Trainings for referral pathway actors, including: Caring for Child Survivors,GBV referral protocols/principles, Guiding principles for working with GBV survivors Clinical Care of Sexual Assault Survivors,
- Coordination, Relationship Building and Advocacy
- Support fellow social workers and local partner in all response related aspects, not limited to training, sub-agreements, implementation, reporting, mentoring, supervision, monitoring and evaluation throughout implementation process.
- Support adherence to GBV referral protocols and guiding principles for working with survivors
Monitoring & Reporting
- Prepare and submit weekly & monthly reports as required and incorporate supervisors’ feedback in a timely manner, including information related to survivor non-identifying data, treatment provided, follow up visits, drugs availability, referrals to other service providers and awareness activities conducted etc.
- Participate in the development of procurement and spending plans and work plans to ensure the successful implementation of programs
- Ensure supplies/resources are requested on a timely manner for timely implementation of program activities including manage/prepare contingency program stock supplies where necessary.
- Monitor and track
- utilization of program supplies and resources to ensure efficient use of available resources.
- Ensure tracking of key program indicators and progress through utilization of the M&E data collection and indicator tracking tools.
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the IMC and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the IMC principle and policies (integrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work
- Diploma in Social Work/Social Sciences/Counseling/psychology/ health or other related field preferred. Degree in similar fields would be an added advantage.
- Counseling and experience/ working with women and girls in the direct provision of counseling and psychosocial support to survivors of gender based violence with a reputable organization or local women organizations/groups, including experience counseling survivors of abuse or violence.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- 2 years’ experience in the direct provision of counseling and psychosocial support to survivors of gender based violence, including child survivors preferred and an added advantage but not a must. Good facilitation skills and experience required
- Clear understanding, including demonstrated positive attitudes on gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls STRONGLY preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients always is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervises, facilitates and motivates other GBV staff and local partners in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and can coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
- Very good communication skills in Arabic, Kurdish. English will be a plus.
- Good knowledge about Microsoft office (excel, word and power point).
Please send your English CV to IMC email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
**CVs without subject line "GBV Case Manager" will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.