The purpose of the finance officer position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Be responsible for checking vouchers for arithmetic and factual correctness, correct account has been used, authorization/signatures, translations and whether all supporting documents are present and correctly filled out;
- Be responsible for entering transactions in the Post back and using the Agresso Web to register to generate a res# and Assets and create a budget codes
- Be responsible for the e-BRS including the monthly reconciliation.
- Be responsible for updating the file tree for Finance area.
- Be responsible for filing the accounting information: Postback Files, monthly transaction files.
- Be responsible for the monthly reports (BVA report and Financial report)
- Be responsible for payment of tax and social security to the Government
- Be responsible for payrolls
- In corporation with the FC be responsible for producing financial reports to donor and checking consistence with asset list and staff lists
- Make sure that NRC financial procedures are followed, through maintaining a good understanding of the NRC Financial, logistics handbooks and National Staff guidelines
- Be responsible to cover the backup position of Finance Coordinator in his/her absence
- Any other task assigned by FC/FM
- Experience from working as a Finance officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about keeping the bank accounts and record keeping
- Reasonable knowledge in English, both written and verbal
Interested candidates can apply through below link: