PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984. Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
Islamic Relief Iraq (IRI) seeking a potential finance Officer to be responsible for recording and maintaining day to day financial operations disbursements, preparation of reports and cash management.
- To assist Finance Coordinator in different process of budgeting, budget tracking balance and internal audit based on IRW& IRI finance manual.
- Responsible for IR Iraq accounts in his/her base station, record keeping, ledger, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports as per head quarter & donors requirements and to submit regularly to his/her supervisor.
- To be responsible on data entries on the current AX system.
- Responsible for banking and correspondences with bank & other financial institutions and bank reconciliation as well.
- Responsible for in collaborating with the program department of appropriate training to IRI staff (accounting& budgeting) to upgrade knowledge and skills of IR Iraq staff.
- Monitor work in progress and supply agreements/ contracts and determine level of performance compared to established standards and timelines.
- Review all payment requisitions of expenditure for accuracy and to ensure that the budget is transparent& followed and matching with IR financial manual and procedure.
- Monitoring the control accounts of the country office and/ or sub offices.
- Be responsible for developing and maintain the filing system.
- Assist in providing the forecasting of the expenditures monthly & quarterly and in preparing the budget.
- Attend the tender committee and assist to finalize the decision.
- Any other related duties requested by Seniors / LM or IR Iraq management.
- Bachelors and Master’s degree in related filed.
2 - 3 year experience in the field of finance working with INGOs/NGOs
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive experience in working for NGO or INGOs on relevant experience
- English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Three years’ experience in international NGO.
- Experience in budgeting, budget tracking & internal control.
- Board knowledge and understanding of Islamic principles.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the completed form to email@example.com on or before the closing date (12th July 2019).please write the position title (Finance Officer-Erbil) in the subject of the email.
No CVs will be accepted
Applicants should be sympathetic to the principles of Islamic Relief
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.