JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – FINANCE ASSISTANT/ ACCOUNTANT
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental, non-profit organization based on the ideas of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be the basic values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We have been providing aid in troubled regions and supporting respect for human rights since 1992. Over the past 20 years, we have grown into one of the largest NGOs in Central Europe. We focus on humanitarian aid, development cooperation, human rights and social integration programs.
People in Need is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Finance Assistant/ Accountant.
Place of work: Dohuk office
Duration of employment contract: 1/11/2017 – 30/4/2018 with possible extension
· Maintains cash registers, posts documents into accounting software (Navision) and enters scans into Document Management System ELO (ELO)
· Receives, enters invoices into ELO for approval and after approval post invoices into Navision and process payment
· Archives approved and signed contracts, enters scans into ELO
· Controls accounting documents and ensures accuracy and compliance of all supporting documents with NGO policy
· Scanning of documents
· Support in providing any financial documentation required by audit or stakeholders
· Translation of documents from/to English
· Other responsibilities assigned by line manager
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· University degree in finance and/or accountancy
· Experience in finance and accountancy required, preferably experience with INGOs
· Computer-literate, good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Previous experience with accounting software.
· Good communication skills, pro-active attitude, ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural people
· Precise, organized and responsible.
· Fluent in Kurdish. Intermediate English language (written and spoken). Knowledge of written Arabic is an asset
Applications should include following documents:
· Cover letter (max. 1 page)
· Detailed CV (references are appreciated)
· Telephone contact
Please send the applications by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “FINANCE ASSISTANT - ACCOUNTANT” by latest 22 October 2017.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.