Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM), the overall supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Mosul and the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) in Erbil, and direct supervision of RMO(s), the Finance assistant will perform the following duties
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in accurate financial tracking and record keeping of the daily projects financial activities;
- Assist in maintaining financial reporting system for the ongoing projects so that project grant commitments and grant expenditures are tracked according to IOM standards;
- Assist in processing grant administration (agreements, amendments and payments), track payments released to IOM implementing partners; certify and process all grant payment vouchers according to IOM procedures;
- Maintain files and records for financial procedures and correspondences with program officers;
- Liaise and work with program officers and program assistants to enhance project performance regarding administrative and financial matters;
- Assist in following up on advances and settlements for payments issued while maintaining timely records and up to date entries;
- Assist in reconciliation for funds vs. expenditures for proper fund closure and overall financial tracking/reporting;
- Assist in reviewing final financial reports and correspondences with implementing partners’ finance departments to ensure that all necessary documentation is provided in accordance with IOM financial reporting guidelines;
- Perform other such related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary school diploma with 4 years’ experiences
- Desirable to have university studies in Business Administration, Finance and/or Accounting
- Two years of relevant professional experience
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Flexibility, motivation and commitment with the job as well as to work in team
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.