The Field Site Coordinator works in close coordination with Program, Finance, HR and Logistics senior staff, as well as technical staff to ensure that programmatic and operational strategies are implemented at the field site.
This post will be based in Dohuk where it is envisaged IMC will retain a growing presence, but will focus on the work in areas within Dohuk and Ninewa zone. The position holder is expected to fully take part in program development for 2019/20.
• Focal point in coordinating with governmental offices at site level within relevant coordinating bodies
• Leads the operation team in the adherence to the work plan and accomplishment of targets and determination of factors affecting program implementation as well as planning and execution of action to mitigate the negative impact.
• Maintain site-specific program management tools, namely but not restricted to work plans, procurement plans, HR plans and pipelines in consultation with relevant managers at field level.
• Ensure coordination with logistics, finance, IT and HR to ensure optimal program implementation.
• Emergency funding – with the team, identify funding opportunities and contribute to the design of new program concepts and support of International Medical Corps emergency program development.
• Stakeholder mapping – responsible for researching and recording humanitarian and local authority activities, by sector and by region – to identify program gaps and to strengthen coordination of activities and general relationships with other organizations in coordination with the Program Coordinator.
• Reporting – Facilitate and assure accurate and well-documented reporting internally within International Medical Corps and to donors assure that such reporting contributes to the effective management of the program and meets donor quality standards and compliance regulations.
• Security – Ensure monitoring of the security situation by the security focal point and ensure implementation of security rules and regulations.
• Representation and Outreach – Represent International Medical Corps to donor bodies, the Ministry of Health, UN agencies, other NGOs and local authorities.
• Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and is not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Together with the field coordinator and finance manager ensure that field site is within budget limits and projected spending
• Provide direct support and supervision to the field site's HR lead, ensuring recruitment, staff orientation, payroll preparation, leave management and exit management processes are carried out timely and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
• Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the HR Coordinator.
• Liaises with HR and relevant technical leads to identify performance indicators for each supervisee in terms of technical and programmatic objectives
• Identify training needs and address the same by coordinating with relevant technical and department heads
• In consultation with the HR department, recommend appropriate corrective action for staff who breaches IMC HR policies, CoC and donor regulations. This includes corrective and disciplinary action in case of non-adherence to technical standards
• In close coordination with the Finance and Logistics departments, ensure proper financial, logistics and information management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to in line with the International Medical Corps' global and in-country finance and logistics policies.
• Provide supervision and leadership to the field site's finance and logistic personnel.
• Review and ensure timely submission of finance and logistics reports from the field site as required.
• Consolidates site inputs for donor reports, proposal development and relevant reports to be submitted onward to the grants unit
• Flags to grants, relevant technical leads and SMT concerns which may negatively affect program implementation and present proposed solutions after consultation with field team
• Ensures that assigned program staff updates and maintains relevant databases, follows up with relevant program supervisors perform quality of care and supervisory functions documented by developed tools
• Coordinates with the MEAL team in monitoring site –specific accomplishments against targets
• Consults with technical leads in the interpretation and analysis of collected data
• Seeks the guidance of relevant technical leads ensure that all interventions relevant to program interventions are adhering to technical standards
-Degree in relevant fields in health and social sciences
Post-graduate certification on program management
-Familiarity with major donors including OFDA, ECHO, BPRM and UN
-At least 5 years experience working within the humanitarian sector with increasing responsibility
-Strong management skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Arabic an advantage
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent reporting and proposal development skills.
- Team player with high ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
Please send your Cover letter & English CV to IMC email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
**CVs without subject line "Field site Coordinator" will not be considered.
Applications without Cover letter and links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.