The Logistics Officer oversees procurement, assets, fleet management and transport, acts as liaison with government agencies for customs clearance and the importation of goods and is responsible for weekly and monthly reporting to the Country Logistics Coordinator. Strong time management and planning skills as well as attention to detail are essential for this position.
· Ensure the supply chain and procurement procedures are implemented accurately and followed.
· Daily procurement, logistics and warehousing procedures are consistently implemented.
· Ensure that the procurement is completed in the best possible timeframe and complete procurement documentation.
· Ensure correct Warehouse responsibilities are maintained.
· Update stock cards daily and ensure that no goods received or issued without signature.
· Keep the warehouse neat, clean and organized. Pallets are used and commodities are separated.
· Update the asset list throughout the month and submit to Country Logistics Coordinator.
· Physically verify all assets monthly and ensure that all items have ID tags.
· Complete report for damaged or lost assets and submit accordingly.
Transportation/ Fleet Management
· Ensure the vehicles are clean and in good mechanical condition
· Ensure all vehicles have current vehicle insurance, vehicle ownership documents, log books, entry cards, road toll, and country specific documentation
· Ensure the vehicles are equipped with the relevant tools, security, and safety items
· Ensure vehicles are parked in a safe and secure location with gear locks/alarm system.
· Ensure vehicles checks are completed a day before any travel.
· Ensure quality of fuel and that all fuel is put through a filter before entering the vehicles and or generators.
· Ensure approval of fuel coupons before proceeding to the fuel station, if applicable.
· Follow up with the Deputy HoM and Programme Managers to ensure daily planning for staff movement.
· Liaise with the Logistics Coordinator/security focal point for all staff movements.
· Ensure appropriate communication with staff traveling in case there is any change/revision of travel plans.
· Ensure appropriate communication with Field Coordinators/Site Managers and logisticians in all staff/cargo movement to their locations
· Ensures all documents are filed per the SIF standardized filing system and audit monthly
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit to Country Logistics Coordinator.
The aforementioned duties are not inclusive and therefore are subject to additions and changes at any time. Given the nature of this position and the working conditions in Iraq, additional tasks may be assigned by senior management at any time based on the needs of the mission.
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and it is evolving.
· University degree in a relevant field with 4 years of experience in a similar role for a NGO with progressive responsibility, professional certification in mechanics preferred
· Training or knowledge in vehicle maintenance and mechanics
· Management experience including capacity building
· A proactive person with initiative and drive, honesty with a high level of integrity; a team-player with good planning, time management and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work under adverse conditions which may change quickly requiring flexibility
· Ability to work in a cross cultural environment.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision
· Fluency in spoken and written Arabic, Kurdish, and working knowledge of English required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Valid driving license
Please send your motivation letter and CV by email to:
clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than Oct 23,2017
Due to the urgency of the position, CVs will be reviewed on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.