- Work within the framework of NPA core values
- Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and conduct
- Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations and procedures
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, you will be liable for repair or replacement.
- Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care.
- To provide clear and accurate spoken interpretations between NPA TFMs and non-English speaking persons to include NPA national staff, local authorities, informants, security forces, and others.
- To operate in field environments facilitating the survey and clearance as a focal point for communication
- To keep an accurate record of all translation tasks, their status/delivery and assignee.
- To be flexible and priorities tasks according to their importance.
- Create stories for NPA’s HO communications department on demand
- Work in the field with the teams as translator.
- Drives the vehicle for transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of equipment, stores, documents and any other items as required;
- Responsible for looking after the allocated duty vehicle including all daily maintenance checks, mileage and fuel usage records and ensuring regular and timely services are conducted.
- Ensure vehicles are prepared daily for deployment including the necessary tool kits, communication and satellite tracking checks.
- Responsible for ensuring that all passengers are wearing their seat belt.
- Maintains daily vehicle logs, provides inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Ensure that the driving rules of the Government of Iraq are adhered to.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving staff or NPA’s equipment.
- Meet all NPA’s requirements as outlined in the vehicle policy.
- Any other duties as tasked by their management/superiors.
- The holder of the position is to abide by the policies set by the Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA), the NPA Programme in Iraq and to represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
- Strictly adhere to NPA’s rules regarding confidentiality of information.
- Diploma and/or High school as minimum.
- Defensive driving course
- Formal Interpreter education
- Medic training
- Demining/BAC course
- Valid Driving License (authorized for both manual and automatic transmission)
- Very good knowledge of the area of operation.
- Verbal proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Experience in working with NGOs.
Former interpreting experience
- Good communication and understanding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively under, and adapt to difficult conditions
- Willingness & ability to travel within the country
- Willing to adjust working hours because of the weather and other operational conditions.
The Field Interpreter is to abide by the policies and personal codes of conduct set by the Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
- Send your CV/ Resume to the following email: HD.NIQ@npaid.org
- The subject of the email should be: EHR-19-31.
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English Language.
- The closing date: 28/09/2019.