Facilitator for Theory of Change Workshop
For Kvinna till Kvinna Iraqi Partner Organisations
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation is a Swedish non-profit organization that supports women during times of war and conflict to increase women's power and influence. Kvinna till Kvinna has been active in Iraq since 2005 and has been supporting women’s organization in Iraq since 2010. Today Kvinna till Kvinna provides financial and capacity building support to six organizations in the country. The overall objective for Kvinna till Kvinna in Iraq is to contribute to strengthening the respect for women’s human rights.
Kvinna till Kvinna believes that support to organizational strengthening of organizations is key to enhance their ability to deliver on their mandate as agents for change against discriminatory attitudes, frameworks, norms and behaviors, as well as be responsible advocators for women’s rights and gender equality, and act as service providers in the absence of protection and state services.
Objectives of Workshop
Kvinna till Kvinna is increasingly working with Theory of Change (ToC) and would like to hire a consultant in Iraq to conduct a workshop for our Partner Organizations (POs) to
- obtain a theoretical overview of the ToC approach;
- improve in-depth analysis of the Iraqi environment in order to support change in a strategic and responsive way;
- learn from their own analysis of how processes evolve in reality, so that plans and strategies can be reviewed and adjusted along the way;
- think in terms of outcomes rather than activities, reflect over how desired changes come about and what is within the POs control to influence.
The consultant should hereby take current projects of POs in Iraq as examples, and use a conflict sensitive lens aligned to Kvinna till Kvinna’s Program Handbook.
The facilitator will be contracted for the following tasks:
- Develop workshop agenda, in close coordination with Iraqi program staff,
- Facilitate the ToC workshop in Erbil for 3 full days (17-19 November),
- Submit a final report following the workshop with recommendations for follow up with partner organisations,
- Develop and implement pre and post assessments/questionnaire for workshop.
- Partner organisations have increased knowledge and a common understanding about ToC, including ToC terminology,
- Partner organisations have worked through the key steps of ToC using their own programming/project as example,
- Partner organisations have started the process of developing a ToC for their concrete project/programme.
The specific content of the above shall be adjusted to Kvinna till Kvinna’s risk management and partner organization specific operational environment.
- Submission of detailed workshop agenda and training material
- Workshop implementation in Erbil
- Pre and post workshop survey development, implementation and data anlysis
- Final report submission
At the end of the intervention, a report (max 3 A4 pages) describing the intervention, its outcomes and recommendations for future support and follow-up shall be delivered to Kvinna till Kvinna. The report should be submitted in English, no later than Thu 28th of Nov,2019.
Cost of the assignment:
A short-term service agreement will be set up between Kvinna till Kvinna and the service provider for this assignment.
The full fee will be stated in the contract signed between the service provider and Kvinna till Kvinna, and will be paid by Kvinna till Kvinna in two instalments, one upon signature of the agreement and one upon presentation of an invoice by the consultant and Kvinna till Kvinna’s approval of the final report.
- A proven track-record of similar assignment (i.e. ToC approach),
- Fluent or native speaker Arabic skills (the workshop will be held in Arabic language no interpreter is available),
- Residence in Kurdistan, or easy access to Kurdistan Region of Iraq in terms of visa requirements;
- Sound knowledge about gender and gender-based violence programming;
- Sound knowledge about the Iraqi context and Iraqi women rights defenders;
- Good reporting skills;
- Proficiency in the English language.
Interested candidates to apply through this link: