The Executive Admin and Travel officer will be working for Samaritan’s purse Iraq (SPI) under the supervision of the senior operations manager, and in coordination with the Baghdad Government Liaison Coordinator to support the Iraqi visa process for all SPI international staff and international visitors. The person will also be responsible for coordinating SPI personnel movement between Erbil and Baghdad as well as other flight bookings and travel logistics for SPI staff and guests. The Executive Admin and Travel officer has to ensure that SPI staff and visitors meet all the Kurdistan and Federal Iraq regulations in order for them to legally be in Kurdistan and travel to Federal Iraq territory if necessary.
The executive admin and travel Coordinator will assist the SOM, CD/DCD in various administrative tasks when needed.
- Provide full admin support and perform data-entry, documentation, and filing duties regarding all Iraqi visa applications and flight bookings for SPI staff and guests.
- Maintain organizational and operational policies and procedures of Samaritan's Purse.
- Prepare expense reports and cash advance requests to be approved by the Base Manager (Baghdad-Erbil).
- Intentionally seek for the last updated law, rule or regulation regarding to visa and other document necessary to access KRI or GOI.
- Coordinate flight bookings and prepare regular payments for Iraqi Airways Company.
- Coordinate with SPI fleet for airport transfers for Erbil and Baghdad airport arrivals and departures for guests and SPI staffs
- Coordinate with Baghdad Government Liaison regarding Iraqi visa application document preparation and follow-up of visa application status.
- Coordinate with SPI executive admin coordinator regarding the preparation of any document or authorization to enter in Kurdistan Region or Iraq ( KRI )
- Work closely with all of HQ visitors regarding travel logistics and visa process in Baghdad.
- Work closely with the security department regarding all of IFS Baghdad movement.
- Ensure SP compliance with legal and cultural requirements.
- Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents regarding Iraqi visa applications and flight bookings.
- In addition, perform other duties as assigned to support the Senior Operations Manager, CD, and DCD as well as overall SPI operations in Iraq.
- Meeting with officials as it relates to access to GOI and KRI for all IFS and guests.
- Travel to Baghdad may be needed
- Assist SOM, CD and DCD in administrative tasks such as organizing and circulating documents for approvals, writing reports, compiling data, doing researches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems.
- Ability to analyze any potential consequences, and act to prevent any obstacle to the planned travel
- Capability to negotiate with and influence others.
- Analytical and mathematical mind to analyze data and create necessary reports.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work outside the standard work hours
Education / Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in a related role or management role
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish is required
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Executive Admin and Travel officer - Erbil
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language