Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid is a non-governmental not-for-profit nonpartisan organization that works in conflict torn and disaster affected areas to save lives, sustain human rights and restore a healthy community. We serve people in need, regardless of their religion, sect, ethnicity and/or political affiliation.
We aspire to live in a society where justice prevails, law rules, individual and group rights are preserved, differences are acknowledged and welcomed, people work together to develop and sustain resources for future generations, and manmade disasters are virtually nonexistent.
Under the direct supervision of the Project manager, the English language coach is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The teacher will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student's ability. Professional relations will be also developed and maintained with other staff.
- Teach English, utilizing the materials that MH agreed with WFP
- Develop lesson plans, adapt the curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques.
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
- Perform other job duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary to Performance of Essential Functions:
- Bachelor’s or Master degree, in English
- Possess problem-solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, district staff, and patrons.
- Communicates effectively.
- Knowledge of State Core Curriculum and Board of Education adopted guidelines.
- At least three years' experience.