Place of work: PIN Erbil Office or alternatively Bartella Office (with frequent travel to the field offices and the projects’ locations including Hawija and Shirqat)
Direct Supervisor: Head of Programmes
Technical Support and monitoring
- In consultation with global EiE advisors, develop and regularly update technical guidelines and tools (PSS manual, awareness materials, non-formal education curricula, etc.) to ensure that PIN education programming is in line with relevant global best practices, and evolves over time based on project feedback loops.
- Provide technical trainings including PSS, TiCC, Child Protection and Referrals to PIN staff and beneficiaries. Monitor skills development as a result of these an update training tools / approaches to ensure maximum uptake and impact.
- In coordination with Education Project Managers and HR, identify capacity building needs and develop a capacity building plan for education staff to promote their professional development.
- To provide quality control of our education activities including regular monitoring of activities, material review and development, content overview
Education Programme Development
- In coordination with the HoP, PMs, and the global EiE advisors, contribute to the development of project design and new proposals.
- Carry out a monthly review of Education MEAL outputs (including lesson observations, pre- and post-training tests, FGDs and interviews with teachers, parents, and students, and CRM data), analyse findings and present a brief set of recommendations to the HoP and PMs for improvements.
- In coordination with the HoP and PMs, participate in quarterly review meetings for education projects, leading on technical advisory and providing recommendations for programmatic development and enhanced project impact based on global best practice and MEAL outputs.
Liaison with Education Authorities
- In coordination with the Senior Management Team and Deputy Area Managers, ensure that open and constructive communication is established and maintained between PIN and relevant education authorities at all levels (Ministry of Education, Council of Ministers, Directorate of Education, BRHA).
- In coordination with Deputy Area Managers, lead all coordination and approvals efforts with MoE and DoE at national and local level, and ensure that all relevant approvals and permissions are archived in ELO.
- Coordinate the development, compilation and submission of reporting for all education projects to relevant DoE and MoE departments.
- Report regularly to the CMT on developments related to education authorities liaison, including immediately informing the CD, HoP, HoSO and Security Manager in case of any developments which could negatively affect access to areas of operation or project implementation.
- Identify all core reporting, communication, permissions and approvals required of INGOs by relevant education authorities, and – in coordination with the HoP and CD – lead the development of Standard Operating Procedures for engagement with Education authorities at all levels. Ensure that these are updated regularly to reflect changing policy.
- Develop and regularly a contact list of relevant focal points within national and local education authorities across all areas of operation.
Reporting and Information Management
- Coordinate the development, compilation and submission of reporting inputs for the education cluster, including: Activity Info, 4Ws. Ensure that all reporting is appropriately archived in ELO
- Minimum Two years of experience in the in the education sector required, and Experience in Protection and in GBV is an asset.
- Bachelor degree in education or any relevant field.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, with fluency in Engish, and Arabic languages, Kudish is an asset.
- Good use of computer, including Microsoft excel, word and etc.
- Preferably based in Erbil, or in Bartella with frequent visits to all the offices and the field (Shirqat, Mosul, Hamdanya, and Hawija)
- Self-management and openness to change are required.
Applications should include following documents:
- Detailed CV in pdf format with contact details (email, and phone)
Please send the applications by e-mail to: email@example.com with subject “Education Specialist ” by latest 12.09.2019.
NOTE: due to the urgency of the position, we might close the announcement prior to the mentioned deadline. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.