ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide editorial support and guidance on content production of freedom of expression and freedom of journalism.
- Sufficient knowledge and awareness of laws and procedures of journalism in IKR and internationally.
- Able to identify and select journalists who have faced violation while accessing to information or practicing journalism in IKR and Iraq.
- Support Internews coordinator in updating Internews virtual space and social platforms.
- Establish good connections and build a strong relationship with media & publication outlets across the country, mainly inside IKR and international medias for dissemination purposes. The editor is responsible for publishing produced multimedia pieces in as many media outlets as possible after passing the stories by a review committee.
- Maintain relationships with current and potential publication partners for disseminating process.
- Sett up criteria of story writing, also filling out specific coding sheets for each FoE stories.
- Bachelor’s level degree required in journalism, international development, or related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
- Minimum five (5) years of editorial professional and experience in Kurdish multimedia management. Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities.
- Fluency in Kurdish, good knowledge in English and Arabic language.
Interested candidates need to send their CVs to IQ-HR@INTERNEWS.ORG no later than (February 17th, 2020). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, applications sent beyond that date will not be considered.