ED Specialist /Market Facilitator – Nineveh,Telafar
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of ED Specialist /Market Facilitator – Nineveh,Telafar
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
To assist producers within the selected region area to increase their incomes by assisting producers to meet buyers requirements and gain access to more lucrative and sustainable markets. Key duties will include; working with producers to understand the opportunities for local production and marketing, conducting participatory value chain analysis, identifying key market players, opportunities and constraints, formulating innovative market hypothetical’s, generating real market orders and coaching/mentoring of producers in producer groups.
Country/grant specific content
· Implement project activities and archive record of implementation based on the Detailed implementation plan and LVCD Model
· Coordination by mutual adjustment between support producers, and between value chain actors, through the design of effective two way communications and mechanisms for mutual adjustment for the value chains in the assigned location
· Support the value chain actors in creating clarity about the overall direction, values and purpose of the programme; and to design, at the value chain level. Through providing inputs for Strategy and long term action plan development, risks assessment and capacity of farmers as required
· Provide Zonal Manager, Livelihoods Technical Advisor and Project Coordinator with continuous feedback on marketplace conditions related to the potential value chains, technology changes and all external factors that are likely to be relevant to it in the future; Spread the WVI Livelihoods Programming and LVCD identity and message of the organization located within the assigned location
· Facilitate the creation or strengthen existing sub-systems (producer groups, cooperative procedures, networks) based on the diversified needs of their activities objectives
· Perform other duties as required
· Attend and participate in weekly meeting with the direct line manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Post-graduate or Master’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Commerce, Business or related field/s will be highly valued
- Understanding of the culture and conditions in area
- Strong understanding of commercial market operations and systems
- Knowledge of value chain analysis and effects on poor producers
- Knowledge of primary production and agriculture
- Understanding of market development projects and methods
- Strong computer literacy skills including MS Office Suite; e-mail and internet
- 2 years of experience in an INGO or International Development Agency
- 2 years of professional experience in private sector
- 1 year of experience in working with agricultural Value Chains
- Fluency in English and Kurdish, Arabic languages
- Demonstrated experience in market assessment, market analysis, market research or closely related role.
- Previous experience in research design and implementation experience
- Strong experience in networking
- Knowledge in research design and implementation
- Knowledge of the refugees and IDP’s context in KRI is desirable.
- Advanced skills of Information technologies (IT) and MS software
- Community development background
- Experienced facilitator
- Experience in simple data analysis
- Experience in marketing or value chain analysis
- Experience with previous development projects
- The position requires being in one of the WV office regular, and in the field where the producers are located
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-iraq No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 3 October 2018.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.