Purpose: To be part of an Emergency Response & Recovery team. The driver is responsible for the safe driving of the vehicle and transfer the project staff from Mosul to Hammam Al-Alil, Salamiyah Camp and Al-Jada 5 camp and transfer them back to Mosul, and the job include ensuring proper maintenance of vehicles in compliance with safe driving standards, ensuring the vehicle is fueled on time for trips. The driver should follow MH policies and procedures as well as local country traffic road rules.
- Maintenance of the vehicle by checking on weekly basis the status of the vehicle; alert the direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need of maintenance Keep the Vehicle Documents (Log book, insurance document, MOT) Folder up-to-date
- Prepare Daily Vehicle Usage report, including trip use, mileage.
- Providing of expediting services in terms of getting Governmental approvals and liaison with the Police Authorities
- Maintain a valid driver license, registration and valid permits all the time
- Supporting the logistics team for manual task
Control of Vehicles
- Ensure that all vehicle journeys are authorized in advance by Line Manager.
- Ensure that all vehicle journeys are to be recorded in the log book at the start and completion of the journey
- Ensure that the keys and vehicle documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure all passengers wear vehicle safety seat belts before driving the vehicle.
- Ensure that all staff are wearing face masks and gloves and adhere to the requirements to protect against COVID-19
- Facilitate securing Governmental Approvals on different cases/matters from the Government Offices. Liaise with the Traffic Police whenever the need arises.
- Immediately report line manager/safety and security focal point of any accidents accrued and fill the accident report. You might need to inform traffic police as soon as possible.
- SCI reserves the right to refuse entry to a vehicle any staff member without identification documents or who cannot be identified by SCI staff or they might fill the disclaimer sheet.
- In the event of a medical emergency lifts may be given on prior approval of the program manager or designate via radio communication with signing of the vehicle passenger waiver form available in the car – see passenger policy for details.
- Check the vehicle prior to its use in the morning and after use
- Check the vehicle before departing from work.
- Check, on taking over a vehicle, that the items listed on the Vehicle Check List and the items listed in the Vehicle Tools and Materials Inventory are present and in full functioning order.
- A driver is to check for vehicle defects and damage to the vehicle and ensure that he reports them to his line manager. After consulting a mechanic, the line manager will make the decision as to whether the vehicle should be taken off the road for repair.
- Report and supervise all maintenance and repair needs of assign vehicle.
Cleanliness & Visibility
- The driver is responsible for ensuring that his vehicle is kept clean on the outside and inside at all times. The driver is also to keep the vehicle tidy and ensure that all rubbish is removed from the vehicle after a journey.
- Follow and abide by the traffic rules, regulations, driver safety manual and any other instructions given by Supervisor
- Maintain all vehicle safety equipment, as per vehicle safety kit, in liaison with the Security officer – including first aid kit, communication equipment and fire extinguisher
- Work after duty hours or holidays as and when required and with prior notice from line manager
Perform any other relevant and appropriate tasks requested by the Line Manager
- At least one year of experience in a humanitarian organization or similar work
- Speak, read and write in Arabic
- He /She has good skills in communicating with others and solving problems
Please send your CV/Resume to the following emails:
- The subject of the email should be Driver with vehicle
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed
- CVs must be in English language