Join Heartland Alliance International’s Iraq Team to provide the essential program support necessary to implement HAI’s innovative programs serving marginalized and vulnerable communities.
Summary: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the head of drivers and direct supervision of the project manager and the office manager, the driver ensures that HAI-Iraq Safer Future Project staffs are driven safely to the field, meetings, workshops, and other work-related destinations; and that the assigned vehicle under his charge is maintained in an optimal working condition. The employee in this position must have and maintain a valid and recognized Iraqi driving license and has to abide by the Iraqi Traffic Rules & Regulations. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and control own vehicle according to the HAI driving policies and procedures
- Vehicle must be USV 4x4 in very good condition.
- Daily check of the vehicles (Tires, Oil, water, lights and etc.…)
- Responsible of the cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Identify the mechanical fault and maintenance requirements as soon as possible, and report to the head of drivers for any required part change of the vehicle.
- Follow organization protocols for record keeping, including but not limited to time of departure and return, mileage, passengers, and trip purpose.
- Keep the confidentiality of the organization, the staff and the cases.
- Deal with the passengers in a respectful manner.
- The Employee has to follow the following instructions and directions and make sure that everything is in place:
- No Employee has the right to use the vehicle for his personal issues without prior notice.
- While parking in the public areas, the Employee has to watch his vehicle for the security situation.
- The weather is to be taken into consideration while driving especially when it rains and the roads are wet.
- In case of any traffic accident, the Employee has to follow organization vehicle Accident policies and protocols (indicated in the Security Plan).
- Assists in performing minor maintenance tasks, moves equipment and supplies.
- Completes required documentation to meet regulatory standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of Primary School leaving certificate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Defensive driving certificate, if available.
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Conversant with the road network and traffic regulations of Kurdistan in general and Erbil specifically.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs. Knowledge of Office-area transportation system.
- Essential: Fluency in oral and written Kurdish or Arabic, be able to communicate.
- Desirable: Basic English knowledge.
- Elementary use of computers (e.g. email, internet, word processing).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please send a CV to below link,
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.