Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organization undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Eastern Europe and Asia.
Mission East worked in Iraq from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for IDPs. Our programme has been focused particularly on Protection, shelter NFIs and winterisation.
Key tasks include:
The safe transportation of Mission East staff.
The safe transportation of Mission East materials
The care and maintenance of the vehicles and their accessories.
- Minimum two years’ work as a professional driver.
- No road safety-related fines or convictions Through knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Good knowledge of the of Erbil governorate, as well as Ninawa-Mosul city-Kirkuk-Sinjar
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behaviour that reflects well on both themselves and Mission East
- Able to be flexible with working hours
- Strict adherence to the Mission East’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks.
- Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet. Maintaining the vehicle clean, fuelled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Legally registered SUV vehicle 7 seats above 2016.
- Minimum secondary school, preferably college degree.
- Valid driving license.
- Car should be registered in the driver’s name.
- Highly preferably previous experience with NGOs.
- Spoken Kurdish and Arabic will be an advantage.
- Basic to medium level spoken English is preferred.
Preferably previous training in first aid, defensive driving courses.
Note: Mission East is providing the fuel for outside trips.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CV's in English and a copy of their valid driving license to email@example.com indicating "Driver with Car (RFQ.IRQ.EBL.19.0177A)" in the subject line of the email to receive the quotation documents.
The deadline for submission is no later than September 17th, 2019 by/before 3:00 PM.
You can submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to the Logistics department in the Mission East Office. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunities employer.