The driver is responsible for transportation of staff from Erbil to Sinjar and Tela’fer and various destinations in Mosul,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport staff to and from various destinations
- Maintain a logbook for all tasks for all trips, fueling and maintenance
- Ensure vehicles are in sound mechanical condition ready for program activities, conducting daily checks and maintenance.
- Before each journey, check that all vehicle documentation, a break-down kit, and other safety equipment is on board the vehicle.
- Maintain the vehicles in a clean condition at all times
- Ensure vehicles have all essential accessories such as umbrella, map, fire extinguisher, toolkit, torch, medical kit etc.
- Conduct regular vehicle checks to ensure service schedules are adhered to.
- Ensuring that vehicles are safe and secure at all times.
- Estimate requirements for field trips, preparing funding requests as appropriate.
- The car should be Four by Four.
- The car must have the inspection certificate of safety and reliability (inspection report should be provided)
- The car is going to be inspected by Cordaid safety and security team;
- In case of car breaking down; the driver should be responsible of transporting expenses and provide another car (same qualifications) to continue travel to the targeted destination.
Documentation needed for vehicle:
- Vehicle Ownership Certificate
Documentation needed for each driver:
- National ID
- Valid Driver’s License
This position is 5 days a week with working hours are from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.
The driver should be an Iraqi national
Native Kurdish/ Arabic speaker with good command over English language
Ability to handle confidential matters, meet deadlines and work under pressure
Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and drive for results
Previous working experience with NGOs and expats/references/ recommendation letter.
Good knowledge with the road conditions and routes from Erbil to Sinjar,Telafer and Mosul.
Valid Iraqi driving license according to the type/ model of car.
Further information & how to apply:
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, with the contact details of three professional references to Job.MENA@cordaid.org, before the deadline which is May 30, 2019.
Note: Please include the “Driver2019” in the subject line of your email. Any email without the subject line will not be considered.
for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org