Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and Sr. Resource management officer (SRMO), under overall supervision Logistics and Procurement Officer, the administrative supervision of Head of Office and the functional supervision of Logistics and Procurement Assistant and the Administrative supervision of the Head of Sub- Office, the Driver is responsible for the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water,
- Battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Secondary school with 2 years’ experience, driver's license, knowledge of driving rules
- And regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Pick up the official staff from/to the airport at any travelling time;
- Perform as duty driver for united nations assistant mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and other UN agencies 48 hours per month;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Ability to drive armored vehicles.
- Knowledge of vehicles maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills: driver's license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic. Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.