Terms of Reference
Under direct supervision of Registration Coordinator at Harikar NGO, Digitalization Clerk will undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
Post Title: Digitization Clerk
Reports to: Registration Coordinator
Location: Registration Center, Domiz 1 Camp
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the bulk of digitization work contained in the physical, scanning documents on the Digitization Project, ensuring Tracking and Management of Physical Files and Reconstructing the physical file as was previously constituted;
- Barcoding the Physical Files after scanning of documentation
- Naming the scanned documents according to the document type and uploading to the UNHCR Digital Storage.
- Assist coworkers with achieving the overall daily objectives for the project.
- Implement the integration of digitized documents and required metadata into the required hosting system.
- Ensure files are accessible and information are kept classified.
- Ensure no materials in file are lost and files are stored appropriately.
- Ensure that equipment are being used properly and maintained on regular basis
- Prepare daily and weekly reports to the supervisor concerning the amount of implemented work.
- Make sure that all information of the persons of concern are kept classified at all times and circumstances.
- Take any other task as directed by the supervisor and / or (UNHCR Focal point).
- Ensure that confidentiality is always maintained when conducting the required duties and responsibilities.
- Work with the Harikar/UNHCR concerned persons in a cooperative and collaborative manner;
- Maintain high professional and ethical standard when both on and off duty, including upholding the principles and practices set out in the Code of Conduct and adhering to international standards;
- Seek guidance and technical support when needed with “Do no harm” principle being the priority at all times.
- Bachelor degree in related fields, preferable in Information Technology - IT.
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant work.
- Have good language skills; speaks and writes Kurdish and Arabic well. English language is desirable.
- Ability to handle the work in the registration center in Domiz 1 camp and cooperate with the team member in a required manner.
- Have very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attend and participate in trainings, workshops and other capacity building exercises as required by the line manager;
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO
Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: email@example.com indicating the Job Number (VA-HD-2019-017) and position they are applying for (Digitalization Clerk) in the subject line of the email.
Applications with no subject line will not be considered.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 17th August 2019 , at 03:30 PM. (local time).