IRC is implementing emergency response in Anbar for IDP’s /IDPR’s fleeing from different parts of Iraq, mainly through legal assistance and information dissemination. IRC will provide legal assistance for IDPs in representation in cases where they have been charged with a terrorism related offence, or have a similar name as someone on the security forces database. Clients will be required to meet strict IRC eligibility requirements.
- Visit detained POCs (arbitrary/normal detention) at detention facilities and provide legal support, which includes representation at relevant court(s)/governmental bodies as per the Iraqi law.
- Visit intelligence and other relevant agencies/authorities to verify information and discern security considerations.
- Provide consistent and thorough reports on represented detainees and detainees being traced.
- Communicate to IRC management urgent concerns and required advocacy or other forms of high-level intervention/support in special cases.
- Follow procedures for legal representation and advise client of the options to solve their particular legal problem and make recommendations on the best actions to take.
- Document detention patterns and conditions in detention facilities.
- Respond to all requests from supervisor for information/interventions.
- Advocate on behalf of clients make direct interventions with local authorities (e.g. phone calls, letters or meetings) or other organizations (NGOs) or international organization (IOs), (when applicable).
- Archive all legal cases in individual files, ensuring respect of confidentiality of data, and upload legal cases on the relevant online tools/data bases.
- Cooperate with other detention lawyers on individual cases by requesting assistance and follow – up when cases take place outside governorate area of responsibility.
- Keep accurate paper records on each client which will be stored on file and input into the data base from the legal assistance request form.
- Provide information to the supervisor for monthly reports and ad hoc queries from IRC.
- Weekly update the Legal Team Leader on the progress on ongoing cases and any new cases identified;
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com
Please Note: This position will require frequent travel within your governorate.
- Bachelor degree in Law.
- Member of Iraq Lawyers Syndicate, Class C.
- At least two years’ experience in practicing law (Practitioner degree).
- Belief in human rights including gender equality.
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds.
- Experience working on detention cases strongly preferred.
- Practical understanding of Microsoft office applications.
- English language is a plus 9. Holder of a valid passport.
Please click on below link:
Closing date: 24 - Jun - 2019
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.