- Information about the job position
Name of position: Country Operations Manager
Expected length of employment: 6 months (with possibility of an extension)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Erbil, Iraq (with frequent travel to Baghdad)
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
CCR is looking for a Country Operations Manager who oversee support functions of the project implementation, specifically Finance, Logistics and procurement, Administration and Human Resources. This will involve close cooperation with program and monitoring and evaluation departments. Furthermore, the Country Operations Manager will actively contribute to project development process under the supervision of the Head of Mission.
The Country Operations Manager will play a vital role in CCR’s external representation, legal compliance and lead administrative and operational processes in Erbil and Baghdad.
- Ensure full compliance with CCR’s financial manual and policies in addition to compliance with financial and contractual obligations of project donors.
- Budget preparation and control which includes the following tasks:
- Lead the preparation of the field operating budget and regularly update the Country Operational Budget tool in coordination with HoM and HQ Financial Coordinator.
- Review and update project budgets in monthly basis and strive to keep balanced spending and forecasting in coordination with different departments.
- Support in the preparation of proposal budgets and ensure reasonableness and cost efficiency.
- Cash Management and treasury which includes the following tasks:
- Supervise the management of the mission’s safe and cash boxes (USD & IQD).
- Check balance and cross check with expenses in regular basis.
- Control cash flow and plan monthly expenses.
- Oversee cash payments and cash advances.
- Bank Account and payments:
- Regular check of CCR’s bank account balance and perform bank reconciliation in regular basis.
- Oversee bank cheques and transfer payments.
- Prepare monthly money transfer from HQ in timely manner.
- Consolidate, draft and crosscheck financial reports jointly with HQ financial coordinator when required respecting contractual deadlines and rules set by project donors.
- Participate in development and upgrade of the mission´s internal financial, procurement, logistic and HR procedures and tools.
- Provide technical guidance throughout the procurement cycle starting from initiation till delivery of requested services.
- Ensure that all procurements are performed according to CCR’s procurement manual regulations. This includes reviewing all supporting documents prepared by logistics to validate credibility and eliminate mistakes.
- Lead tender process and ensure precise compliance with CCR’s regulation and involvement of HQ counterparts.
- Ensure proper documentation and archiving of procurement documents in hard copies and into the online drive.
- Manage contracts and lead negotiation process with suppliers including facilities, goods and services.
- Ensure that the status and functions of the mission are in legal accordance with the requirements in Iraq including KRI and GoI Governments.
- Ensure the respect of local laws in KRI and GoI in terms of registration, access approvals, tax obligations, staff social security and any other related requirements.
- Ensure that all the mission staff have valid contracts and that all staff signed CCR’s code of conduct.
- Ensure that all the mission staff have timely performance review.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly payroll and salary payments through bank cheques and Hawallah.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or related fields is required;
- Minimum of three years of professional-level experience working with NGOs in financial and operational management;
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of Arabic/ Kurdish is an asset;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software;
- Prior knowledge of the Iraqi context is an asset;
- Experience in managing diverse teams;
- Good organizational and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience from countries with high insecurity
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following E-mail address:
The application must include a cover letter and CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 1st June 2019.
As the subject of E-mail please insert exactly “Country Operations Manager-Iraq”
NOTICE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime. CCR reserves the right of starting selection process before the mentioned deadline due to the urgency of the position.