- Title: Iraq Country Director ( to manage Yazda work in Iraq)
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Salary: $3,000.00 to $4,500.00 /month
- Location: Iraq (mainly in Duhok Office+ required to travel to Sinjar, Baghdad and Erbil)
The Country Director is the first-in-rank official representative and leader for Yazda Iraq and will report to Yazda Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The Country Director will help shape the vision and strategy for Yazda programs in Iraq, providing high level oversight over all areas of program implementation and operations.
The successful candidate should have the capacity and skills to represent the organization and professionally engage with donors and partners while leading strategic thinking and planning. He/she will have demonstrated ability to build the capacity and counsel Yazda Iraq employees as well as manage team members. S/he will need to have a strong commitment to Yazidis and minorities empowerment, excellent leadership and management skills, the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, and to operate successfully in unstable and challenging environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programmatic Leadership and Development:*
- Provide strategic oversight to the design and successful implementation of all programs offered by Yazda
- Ensure that data collection, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on any aspect of the program is conducted in a timely manner and in line with Yazda and donor policies, procedures and grant agreements (to be coordinated with the M&E Specialist (if present)).
- Identify interventions that require additional monitoring, grants writing and fundraising activities.
- Work closely with the project managers on all aspects of programming to ensure efficiency and accountability and to develop innovative programmatic approaches
- Translate Yazda program ideas into proposals, complete with budgets and log frames, in collaboration with the fundraising team in HQ
- Ensure compliance with grant agreement and best practice and principles.
- Financial, Operational, and Human Resource Management:
- Ensure that country office staffing is maintained at appropriate level and within budget.
- Participate in the recruitment of outstanding talent for the Senior Management Team.
- Mentor staff and ensure that performance appraisal systems are implemented properly by all managers.
- Ensure an effective grant management, budget utilization and fulfilment of annual targets.
- Ensure compliance with all organizational policies, procedures and program guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring proper safety & security measures are taken to safeguard staff, participants, visitors and assets.
- Oversee the drafting of quality funding proposals and ensure accountable grant management in line with organizational and donor requirements.
- Develop fundraising opportunities and cultivate new donor relationships.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local and international partners, grantees, and relevant government agencies and community leaders.
- Lead and represent the organization to external audiences and stakeholders when needed.
- Build relationships with donors and funding partners.
- Ensuring programs meet donor requirements (narrative/financial reporting)
Skills & experiences required:
- Graduate level degree in relevant field
- 2+ years experience in humanitarian aid settings
- Ability to manage a team of 80+
- Experience in the Middle East
- Strong knowledge of financial management
- Experience working with major grants and international donors
Yazda (www.yazda.org) is a non-profit organization registered under 501(c)(3) criteria in the United States and as a local N.G.O. within the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Yazda was established in 2014 to support the Yazidis and other ethno-religious minority. Our mission is to support the Yazidi community in the aftermath of the August 2014 campaign of genocide committed by the so-called ‘Islamic State’ (IS) that resulted in mass displacements, abductions, and death
To apply to this position, please email us your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org