PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Compliance Director provides leadership and oversight for compliance management and will ensure that Iraq and Syria programs are fully compliant with Blumont and its donors’ rules and regulations. This will be achieved through the systematic review of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal policies and procedures, and the extent to which established internal controls are complied with. Where weaknesses in controls or application of controls, are identified, the Compliance Director will recommend actions to remedy the situation.
In collaboration with country senior management team (SMT), the Compliance Director will coordinate the implementation of controls in a risk-based, comprehensive and coordinated manner to create a culture reflecting the high ethical standards.
- To monitor adherence to Blumont’s procedures and policies in relation to Supply Chain, Finance, HR. MEAL and Programs as set out in relevant Blumont Standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and guidelines.
- To be familiar with relevant donor rules and regulations in relation to Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in grant agreements.
- To be aware of Blumont and donor fraud and anti-corruption policies and lead the effective communication of these policies to staff.
- To prepare, based on risk assessment, and agree with the CD an Internal Audit plan.
- To lead on the implementation of internal audits at both country office and field office(s)
- To review and report on the extent to which those internal policies and procedures are complied with and assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures and donor regulations.
- Where weaknesses in controls or application of controls are identified, to recommend action to remedy the situation to the CD and ensure appropriate reporting to risk owners for remedial action
- To produce quarterly reports to the senior management team and ensure timely escalation of significant findings or knowledge/suspicions of fraud and corruption to the appropriate functions.
- Document any successes, useful practices, and challenge/learning areas for the purposes of institutional learning.
- Act as focal point for Blumont’s and donor fraud and anti-corruption policies and lead effective communication and training of these policies to staff.
- Coordinate and support training for Blumont employees and service contractors on the code of business ethics and compliance
- Carry out regular spot checks in all Blumont field offices and, as required, sites of direct implementation.
- Manage staff of the compliance department so that its objectives are met, staff are properly performance managed and that staff capacity is built.
- Assess risk management approach and practices to ensure that risk management processes are effectively embedded throughout the country office. This should include leading the development and regular review of a risk register.
- Incident Management:
- Coordinate an Integrated incident management approach within the country office to ensure that respective incidents are being reported, managed and followed-up on.
- Ensure that incidents are analyzed, and relevant lessons learnt and action reviews are applied
- Ensure that standard operating procedures (SOPs) are well defined in compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable to external context and compatible with Blumont’s donors.
- Together with respective functional and line management coordinate implementation of policies, procedures and standards to ensure that staff understand these.
- Ensure that relevant compliance violations are documented, reported and investigated according to respective policies and procedures.
- Investigations Management:
- Coordinate investigations in response to incidents, allegations and complaints. If necessary, create and supervise an investigative team on specific investigations where required.
- Provide support to individuals managing investigations including guidance on best practice.
- Ensure investigations are conducted legally, ethically, and on a timely and cost-effective basis.
- Deliver investigative training where necessary.
- Conduct any ad-hoc internal audit and compliance investigations as requested by the Country Director
- Provide mentoring to compliance staff on compliance management practices and incident management.
- Perform other duties as assigned. There may be functions (essential or marginal) of this position not listed in this description.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
- At least 10 years finance experience with a minimum 3 year in Audit and Compliance.
- Experience working with INGOs, in the development / humanitarian sector, with knowledge of donor rules and regulation.
- Professional training on investigations management.
- Sound knowledge of INGO risk management practices.
- Understanding of program delivery in humanitarian relief operations.
- Proven experience in risk assessments, investigations and incident management in the humanitarian context.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Arabic is preferred.
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- International risk management experience in a large multinational organization.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to high risk security environments at short notice.
Interested qualified candidates are requested to apply through Blumont website: www.blumont.org before19th May 2021.
Blumont is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We give priority to the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position. Due to the large volume of Applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Blumont will review the applications on rolling basis and may close the advertisement before the deadline if the ideal candidate was found. One or more similar/different positions maybe filled in this recruitment activity depending on the applicants’ qualifications