Under direct supervision of Assistant project manager for IDPs at Harikar NGO, Complaints Response Mechanism Officer will undertake the below tasks and responsibilities:
Post Title: Complaints Response Mechanism Officer
Reports to: Assistant project manager for IDPs
Location: Duhok /IDP camps
Working days: Saturday-Thursday
Harikar Non-governmental Organization
Term of Reference
Complaints Response Mechanism Officer
Organizational Context: UNHCR Iraq has been using the Assistance Information and Service Tracking System (ASSIST) since its introduction in May 2017. Enrolment interview allows for the collection of primary data based on the applicant’s statements, review of submitted documents, provide an opportunity to the applicant to scan his/her IRIS, identify immediate humanitarian and protection concerns, and, a subsequent referral to the appropriate unit for targeted assistance and support. The recommended enrolment interview process includes the following steps: document verification, counselling, verification of previous data; interview.
Since its implementation in Duhok, the UNHCR partner Harikar has enrolled several vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Duhok and Ninewa governorates. The enrollment and assessment exercise conducted mainly targeted IDPs residing in the urban areas with the view for potential consideration for the available humanitarian assistance. In order to ensure that the IDPs settled both in camp and non-camp areas are equally considered for the available humanitarian assistance, UNHCR Iraq is launching a massive enrollment campaign in IDP camps managed by UNHCR. With this in view, UNHCR SO Duhok is partnering with Harikar to enroll all eligible IDPs residing in 17 camps under the Duhok AOR by December 15, 2019.
Job description: The CRM Officer supports the ASSIST Enrollment Team and Harikar Assistant Project Manager in his/her efforts to strengthen the quality and accountability of ASSIST enrollment exercise. He/she will be the primary point of contact for beneficiaries’ complaints and feedback; record any complaints in the database; liaise with field staff and senior management in addressing and resolving complaints; and assist in any other Accountability activities as required. In addition, the incumbent will ensure that mechanisms are in place regarding information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
The CRM Assistant will be stationed Harikar office and will report to Harikar Assistant Project Manager and respective UNHCR focal point.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Receive complaints and feedback via the dedicated Harikar line and ensure all information is properly documented;
- Receive complaints and feedback referred from field/enrollment staff and ensure proper documentation;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences with subsequent regular updates to the respective UNHCR focal point;
- Compile data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on a weekly basis;
- Ensure that confidentiality of complaint data is respected;
- Respond to beneficiaries’ complaints as per the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM);
- Ensure follow up of decision taken;
- Build staff awareness and commitment to complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs are respected;
- Liaise with ASSIST enrollment team and senior management to ensure that feedback and complaints are addressed and resolved;
- Liaise with camp management and community leaders regarding the response on the complaints received;
Perform any other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Social/humanitarian Sciences or other related fields
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Good computer skills.
- Three years’ experience working with NGOs, or related field.
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO
Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: email@example.com indicating the Job Number (VA-HD-2019-020) and position they are applying for (Complaints Response Mechanism Officer ) in the subject line of the email.
Applications with no subject line will not be considered.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 15th Sep. 2019 , at 03:30 PM. (local time).