JOB DESCRIPTION - NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID ('NCA')
The Job Description's main purpose is to direct and define an employee's work and must be in line with both the Representation and the relevant department/ division/team's objectives. Job Descriptions should be reviewed regularly and should be changed if / when there are substantial changes in the position.
All NCA employees are expected to be team players, flexible and willing to contribute to NCA in other areas that may not be specifically defined in their Job Description at the direction of their Line Manager.
As part of a GBV Programme Prevention, Response, and Outreach to Empower Conflict Related Sexual Violence (CRSV) Trauma Survivors (PROTECTS) in Iraq. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is working to support a Psychosocial Support and Mental health to mitigate the consequences of GBV ad conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) in North Iraq.
The Community Outreach Worker will report to the GBV Senior Officer, who is responsible for the management of the unit.
Community outreach worker
- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Offering awareness on various GBV topics, coordinate with unit staff (caseworkers and psychologist).
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of vulnerable women and girls at risk.
- Developing and facilitating relationships between relevant community stakeholders to manage the implementation of projects within Bashiqa, Khursbat and surrounding areas of Hamdania.
- Organizing community meetings and events, as necessary.
- Distributing informational material to community to describe what, where, and when program services are available for survivors.
Support to the psychosocial support unit at Bashiqa:
- Participating in the planning and implementation of GBV activities in the Psychosocial Support Unit in both Bashiqa and Khursbat under the supervision of the GBV Team Leader.
- Facilitating all qualitative assessments (Focus Groups Discussions) to better understand the risks of GBV, to map points of service for CRSV survivors and to identify support structures. If required.
- Prepare monthly individual work plan and submit to GBV Team Leader.
- Submit monthly report to GBV Team Leader.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by GBV Team leader from time to time.
Support Case Management:
- Assisting in scheduling appointments for survivors at the Psychosocial Support Unit, when required.
- Establish and maintain contact with survivors’ families where applicable.
- Develop individual action plans based on the identified needs of each survivor.
- Provide community-based case management and basic emotional support to survivors.
- Refer and link cases to Psychosocial Support unit, or to other relevant actors, coordinate with GBV officer.
- Closing Date ( 09.05.2019)
- Applicants may submit their CVs with their address to :
- please mention the vacancy title : Community Outreach Worker in subject box in your email.
- Email Without vacancy title will not be considered.
- Email after the closing date will not be considered .