Harikar NGO is a neutral, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization established on 30th May 2004 by a group of social activists. Harikar NGO as stated in its mission statement strives toward the fulfilment of human and women rights in Dohuk Governorate as stipulated in the new Iraqi constitution of 15th October 2005. Harikar is committed to- within its resources- contribute towards the achievement of the internationally agreed Millennium Development Goals. Harikar believes in human rights, the right of every person to reach his/her potential without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, social segment and ethnicity. Harikar strives to achieve social justice especially among the marginalized vulnerable groups and works towards eliminating all forms of discrimination against women by promoting their capacity to fully participate in community development. Harikar has been able to successfully carry out more than 80 projects, through funding from various partners including UNFPA, RRT/PRT, UNHCR, UNNESCO Diakonia, UNDP, UNOPS, IRD, Mercy Corps, IRC, IRI, NDI, SCF-UK, Mission east, ICSP and others.
Under the overall supervision of the Social Worker, the SGBV Community Volunteer will support direct implementation of GBV prevention and response activities in Bardarash. Further, the SGBV Community Volunteer will be responsible for enhancing community participation and ownership in SGBV activities targeting SGBV Survivors, vulnerable women & other persons of concern. Information dissemination to the Community based Support group members to ensure successful implementation of the GBV Response and Prevention activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Case Management and documentation for Survivors of SGBV and other Persons of Concern
1 Information dissemination of services offered at Women and girls safe spaces
2 Facilitate appropriate referrals for survivors and other persons of concern, while adhering to the Survivor centered principles.
3 Assist in organizing for group counseling sessions for survivors
4 Conduct Home visits and follow-up for cases as assigned by the supervisor
5 On a regular basis share case updates with the Social Worker for review
6 Assist in translation during case documentation and counseling sessions when it is deemed necessary.
10 Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all phases of client management and documentation
R2. Community Psycho-Education and Capacity building
- Conduct regular community mobilization and sensitization on psychosocial issues and encourage community participation.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussion (FGDs) on different psychosocial issues relevant to the community.
- Assist in organizing and conducting Life skills Workshops on relevant psychosocial issues for specific groups e.g. youths.
- Peer Educators:-
- Assist in the recruitment and registration of new peer club members.
- Organize and facilitate regular Peer Counseling Clubs activities for adolescents in and out of school.
- Work with both the peer counseling club members and the school patrons to identify topics of interest and activities to be conducted throughout the year.
- Community Support Groups:-
- Identify suitable community members, who will form the counseling support groups.
- Assist the Social Worker to conduct the orientation on their roles
- Facilitate the support group members’ training on basic Counseling skills and techniques.
- Attend and assist in facilitating during Community Support groups meetings.
- Assist the Social Worker to identify training and information needs for the group support members.
- Follow-up on the activities conducted by the Community Support groups and provide feedback to the social worker on gaps and areas of improvement for appropriate support
- Assist the Social Worker to monitor support groups activities.
R4. Data Management
- Maintain an up-to-date data system for all activities conducted:
- Ensure all individual client sessions conducted for non-GBV cases are recorded in the client intake books and forms on a daily basis.
- Ensure all field activities are recorded in the field activity form and placed in the file.
- Ensure that the numbers reached are clearly indicated in the weekly data form.
of report writing among the Counseling CDW
R6. Referral and Networking
- Track & Maintain records of client referrals
- Follow up on all referred clients to ensure they are provided with the assistance needed.
- Provide feedback on all clients referred for counseling.
Responsibility 7: Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor
Working hours are fixed from 3 to hours per day, Fifteen days in a month. (Timing and working days to be determined by the center manager).
All HARIKAR staff must be committed to the Core Humanitarian principles as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards in Accountability and Quality Management.
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk. Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Number (VA-HD-2019-028) and position they are applying for (Community Mobilizer) in the subject line of the email. Applications with no subject line will not be considered.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 17 Oct. 2019, at 03:00 PM. (local time).