Program Title: Information Management and Mapping service
Country/Region: Erbil, Iraq
Scope of Work
Under the broad guidance of the Country Director and technical advising of the Communications and Outreach Manager, the Communications and Program Officer assumes the primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote iMMAPs’ programs in Iraq.
The Communications and Program Officer will also support and maintain internal and external communications with project partners, donors, implementing agencies, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine the work of iMMAP in Iraq to assess the communication capacity of the organization and its various programs and projects, and determine communication requirements (internal and external) that must be met to support the organization’s goals;
- Identify and detail approaches for fulfilling iMMAP’s communication requirements in Iraq in a comprehensive and coordinated strategy that best promotes its programs and mission
- Identify, propose and lead the development of communications opportunities and media-related products including print, digital, and online that can be employed to promote the work of the organization and maximize its awareness within the wider humanitarian
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system to facilitate the measurement of the impact and efficiency of the new implemented Communications
- Follow iMMAP writing and visual style guidelines.
- Write stories highlighting activities and accomplishments of iMMAP Iraq (i.e. events, training, products, awards, etc) and to be able to quantify, through numbers, the impact of iMMAP Iraq.
- Create and maintain a high-quality photo gallery that will complement the written articles.
- Identify the priorities of using the most effective social media channels as per the culture of society.
- Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP project team with partners, and participate in local community
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP Regional officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general
- Draft project proposals and support project development opportunities in line with organizational principles and visions.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating program level documents such as (annual work plans, project information memoranda, communications strategies, evaluation plans, project reports or briefings, reports to donors, reports of meetings) for the program team, and in response to specific requests
- Follow iMMAP's branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and
- Ensure iMMAP staff follow iMMAP Branding Guide standards.
- Serve as the main contributor of information regarding the Iraq program to the Communications and Outreach Manager in
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Communications and Outreach Manager in HQ on various projects as
- Serve as the main contributor on iMMAP social media pages for Iraq related
- Attend and contribute to monthly iMMAP global communications meetings.
- Any other duties as requested by the Country
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Global Security
- As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that the CO will commit 5% of his time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
- iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field
- A university degree in communications, marketing or related
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in communications, Program Management, public relations, advertising, communication analysis & planning, social development communication, Ideally in the humanitarian/development sector.
- Thorough knowledge of the UN cluster system and how it operates
- Very good English skills, both spoken and written;
- Ability to write and edit the texts in English, Arabic and Kurdish
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organizations while upholding humanitarian principles of impartiality and
How to Apply
Kindly Send your CV/ Resume and Cover Letter to the following email:
the subject of the email should be Va2019_09
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CV and cover letter must be in English Language and as pdf format
- Closing date for applications: 30 April,2019
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted