The Child Protection Officer (CPO) will work closely with the Child Protection Project Manager (CPPM) to ensure the quality and effective implementation of Child Protection Capacity Building Programming.
The CPO will ensure that capacity building of the selected organizations is enhanced through a close collaboration with those organizations, help developing a training with the CPPM and conduct the thematic trainings for the staff of the selected organization, support the targeted institutions in development of sub-granting applications, support the launch and implementation of the selected community initiatives with mentoring, and other related aspects of the project, as well as supporting in the expansion of ACTED’s Child Protection Programing as funding is granted. The CPM will work closely with other projects officers and the project managers to ensure the projects are successfully implemented.
The CPO will be responsible for reporting, logistics and ACTED’s compliance (FLATS) procedures, and will be expected to provide technical input into child protection programming within ACTED Iraq, and to feed into proposal development and assessments, as required.
1. Support the management of the capacity building of the targeted organisation and related aspects.
- Support the mapping of key stakeholders and their capacity in target sectors/communities in collaboration with DoLSA.
- Support the selection of 2 potential CSOs to receive capacity building.
- Support coordination for child protection activities at governorate level.
- Ensure, under the management of the CPPM, that capacity of the 3 organisations ((2 CSOs, DoLSA) is enhanced.
- Ensure that training modules developed are tailor-made to the needs and expectations of the CSOs and DoLSA
- Support the implementation of capacity development assessments and activities.
- Support the management of a collaborative design of a sub-granting framework with DoLSA and community stakeholders
- Support for the identification of a focal point at DOLSA to set up a sub-grant framework
- Support the development of the sub-grant framework to launch a call for proposals for community initiatives, review the proposals submitted through an evaluation committee and select the grantees.
- Support the targeted institutions in the development of sub-grant applications
- Support the implementation of selected community initiatives and provide regular advice to the selected organisations
- Support management of a media and advocacy campaign and organisation of a sub-national level workshop
- Support the targeted organizations to discuss protection issues and develop a media and advocacy campaign focusing on the selected issues/response
- Support in the organisation of regular community forums for CSOs who are conducting community initiatives to share lessons learnt and make recommendations for future actions.
- Support the organisation of one governorate level workshop and provide inputs for the development of a program document summarizing lessons learnt and other outputs
- Technical support and development of the child protection project
- Follow guidance provided by CPPM.
- Provide inputs to develop child protection proposals and reports.
- Contribute to the continual development of ACTED Iraq’s approach to protection
- Provide practical knowledge and technical support to the Child Protection Project manager.
- Internal and external coordination
- Support CPPM in liaising with partners at both community level and inter-agency cluster level.
- Work with ACTED’s internal departments to ensure compliance and reporting to the donor.
- Reporting & Other
- To ensure timely weekly and monthly reports.
(Please mention your permanent address in your CVs)
(Child Protection Officer/ Duhok)
CVs without position subject will not be considered