Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Protection and assistance for refugees and asylum seeker children in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah governorates.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
- Implement child protection policies and procedures.
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the child protection
policy and procedures.
- Regularly report to the Management team.
- Challenge behavior which breaches the Code of Conduct.
- Organize appropriate training for all adults working/volunteering with children in the community.
- Establish and maintain contact with local agencies including the police and social services.
- Respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child.
- Supervise and oversee child protection activities, case management, community mobilization, PSS, and physical therapy services in Sulaymaniyah (camp, and non-camp settings).
- Assure that the PSEA and child safeguarding policy are in place in each field locations and the field basis are safe and appropriate to receive children
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant University Degree/Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields/ and/or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years’ work experience in the field of child protection.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in national/international NGOs.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work actively under pressure and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Having Communication skills, Negotiation skills, Planning skills, and organizational skills.
- Being innovative in project implementation.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic is required.
Please fill in your email subject line “ Child Protection Officer” , any email without the subject line will not be processed
Please send your CV to the following email address:
you can drop your CV at our Main Office in: Sulaymaniyah, Rizgary, Street 408, Hapsakhani Naqeb