Works under and reports to the project manager. The Capacity Building Officer focuses mainly on ensuring gradual handover of the Community Centers to youth community leaders
- Support and advice is provided to establishing community activities which address the social, cultural, and livelihood needs of populations of concern, in particular in the area of social cohesion, peace-building, non-formal education, and preventing violent extremism.
- The Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach is applied in all aspects of his/her execution of duties and solutions work on behalf of persons of concern.
- Works mainly in Arbat Sociocultural Center
- Identifies youth and women of the community to form a team who can run the center in the future
- Provides capacity building trainings on community center management to the youth and women.
- Ensure improvement strategy toward the creation of a sustainable place
- Empowerment of women and youth in advocacy campaigns
- Follow up the gradual and smooth handover of the center to the group and provide report;
- Closely work with the project manager in order to ensure the practical steps of the handover being achieved;
- Provides reports and schedules on weekly basis to project manager concerning the trainings, meeting minutes, and feedbacks
- Always work for the best interest of People of Concerns (PoCs) and act at all times in line with UPP code of conduct principles
- Any additional tasks required by the organization and supervisor.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor degree in Administration, Social science, sociology or related fields.
- Job experience: At least 3 years work experience in training and capacity building.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, specially power point and presentation programs).
- Staff members who work in this position should not be employed in any other institution including organizational and governmental institutions.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team spirit
- Public speaking
Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 18th2019