Internal/ External Vacancy Notice
The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Mosul invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Buyer 1
Duration of Contract: Six months fixed term contract (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Iraq – Mosul
Date of Issue: 16 April 2019
Deadline for applications: 07 May 2019
To ensure the work of the Logistics department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Logistics Site Manager in Mosul:
- At a local level, sources, assesses, evaluates and registers suppliers in collaboration with their direct supervisor and updates supplier master data and performance indicators.
- Conducts research into the availability of goods and services.
- Implements the ICRC's purchasing strategy for each product family in coordination with the Lead Buyer.
- Independently carries out ordinary procurement for specific sector(s) up to a certain amount.
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform to specifications and contract details.
- Receives goods and checks that they correspond to quantities and quality ordered.
- Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents
- Participates in updating statistics and reporting.
- Responsible for actively seeking to reduce costs without compromising the quality of goods or services being purchased
- In collaboration with the Mental Health Delegate ensure that appropriate tools to monitor the program effectiveness, relevance and appropriateness are in place.
- Participate in all administrative procedures for the implementation of projects. Must get all necessary approval and link up with Administration and Logistics for follow up on project
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school or professional diploma
- 3 - 5 years work experience in a similar field
- 3 years of work experience in procurement.
- Good Knowledge of the local supplier market.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Flexible disposition;
- Sense of initiative.
- Very good knowledge of English and Arabic language (written & spoken)
- Disposition for occasional travelling
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism.
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
- Delivering timely work
- Team work & Collaboration
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to(email@example.com)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
_______________________________________________________________________________________The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).