CHF Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying CHF’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
CHF is currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Syria.
The Budget and reporting officer will support the Finance Leader, managing the awards functions for the country program. In addition s/he will support preparing the donor reporting and BvA reports, s/he will be support implementing finance systems and protocols to ensure compliance with CHF and donor regulations.
The position of Budget and reporting officer reports to the Finance Coordinator . The position is based in Dohuk .
The Budget and reporting officer is responsible for the following:
- Support in preparing the monthly BvAs and submit them to senior budget and reporting officer.
- Maintain an updated key of allocation and share it on timely manner with Finance team.
- Support in preparing accurate and timely donor’s report, and to be submitted to Finance Manager for final review.
- Present & facilitate review of actual to budget expenditures with program officers.
- To keep the Award files updated with budgets, Award contracts and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures; establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation.
- Supporting in drafting budget pipeline templates
- Taking the lead on allocating expenses to facilitate the preparation of the BVA
- Review and update the committed and projected payments, on weekly basis. To make sure that our pipeline is actual reflecting our current statues.
- Tracking Procurement Requests on daily basis, updating the budget trackers.
- Monthly Accounting Cycle:
- Provide monthly projections for Budget Draw Requests to HQ
- Provide assistance as needed with payroll preparation, accounting entries, and consolidating necessary documents for the month end accounting close process.
- Help monitoring cash balances.
- Assist in the training and support of the none-finance team in budget management and tracking commitments
- Assist with audit inquiries as needed
- Cover for other Finance team members as needed
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education and Training
- A university degree in finance or a relevant field, or a combination of experience and education working in this sector.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Past work with local NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred.
- Prior experience with Syrian context is preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID funded programs preferred.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance.
- Good knowledge of spreadsheet software (Excel) required.
- Good command of database applications is highly preferred.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is preferred.
- Ability to produce solutions to problems.
- High reporting skills.
- Team player
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Arabic and, Kurdish speaking/writing skills also highly desirable.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to “IraqHR@chfinternational.org” No later than 18 of September 2019 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.