The Base Officer position acts as the principle site supervisor relating to Samaritan's Purse Qaraqosh Base. They will work in direct support of SP programs by maintaining working and living quarters. They must coordinate regular generator maintenance and refueling, manage cleaning staff, and maintain active relationships with preferred vendors and local suppliers and complete payments to appropriate businesses. Furthermore, they will act as point in base expansion by coordinating the completion of BOQs with civil engineers. The job is based in Qaraqosh but sometimes may require supporting additional site locations in Erbil/Mosul or around the camps.
- Responsible for adhering to Samaritan's Purse logistics policy and maintaining compliance at each point throughout the logistics work flow.
- Maintains work and living quarters of all Qaraqosh base and acts as focal point for all requests.
- Coordinates with fuel contractor on a regular basis and maintains proper documentation for end of month invoicing.
- Plans monthly meal schedule in coordination with local catering companies, maintaining proper documentation.
- Leads cleaning staff and manages regular cleaning schedule for all spaces and heating/cooling units.
- Creates leases and service contracts and all paperwork related to them.
- Keeps inventory and creates stock reports of office, cleaning, kitchen, and laundry supplies.
- Maintains updated base tracker and conducts cost analysis of consumables.
- Maintains updated room tracker for living quarters and is focal point for guests and visitors.
- Updates staff about the work status of requests on a weekly basis.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(Manager should adjust this section according to the job requirements)
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
- Completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years working with International NGOs in a logistics capacity
- Experience navigating a variety of different logistical requirements by donors
- Demonstrated experience being a team player
- Fluency in Arabic and English required. Assyrian or Kurdish is optional.
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Base Officer - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language