- Information about the job position
Name of position: Agronomist Engineer
Expected length of employment: December 2019 to March. 2020 with possibility of extension
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Anbar- Ramadi, Iraq
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
Agronomist Engineer is responsible for implementing the agriculture part of the program greenhouses construction and input distribution (seeds and fertilizing) and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures. At the district level, the project officer agronomist represents CCR to relevant stakeholders and DoA in Anbar, direct reporting to the field coordinator of CCR.
The agronomist engineer will support the CCR project at field Office of Ramadi and liaise with other stakeholders’ consultants, in the following specific activities:
- Assess current agricultural practices as they impact on the flow of nutrients, pollution and sedimentation into downstream coastal and marine ecosystems, and identify remedial measures that could be applied to reduce these flows
- Planning to assess the beneficiaries to select the most vulnerable people and farmers into two parts (greenhouses and inputs ) and the open landed to distribute the inputs.
- Preparing of BoQ for all the requirements project (Greenhouses, seeds , fertilizes )
- Working in coordination with field coordinator and closely with field staff and the team leader assistant to identify sites where the project can undertake field activities.
- Oversee the construction of greenhouses in the selected communities and ensure that contractor adhere to the contractual quality terms.
- Assess the capacity of farmers in target areas to participate in the project and propose capacity building measures for selected farmers.
- Oversee the distribution of agricultural inputs and tools to selected farmers.
- Assess the potential role of CCR- WFP Program in managing relationships and implementing activities with farmers and farmer associations
- Implement the project activities in good performance to improve sustainable land management practices in agricultural areas, in order to reduce downstream impacts while also improving incomes and food security
General duties and Responsibilities:
- POA, will be working in Anbar, based Ramadi – CCR office.
- Adhering in CCR and the donor’s (system and policy).
- To ensure implementation of work plans in accordance to the agreements signed between the Donor ( WFP ) and the partner ( CCR );
- Monitor and report on various activities;
- To oversee the everyday operations at the field office;
- Working closely with the beneficiaries and the CCR team in the field
- 100% in the field working
- Any other duties assigned by the management;
- BSc Degree in agriculture engineering or another equivalent field.
- Min 3 - 4 years of professional experience in the field of agriculture.
- Experience working with INGOs is an advantage
- Good management, communication and reporting skills are required;
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Good (speaking and writing in English and fluency in Arabic are required ,
- Professionally of using MS office.
- Professionally in
- Agricultural terminology
- Diseases and agricultural pests
- Fertilization and fertilizers
- Mechanism for the establishment of greenhouses
- Type of seeds for each season
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following E-mail address:
The application must include a cover letter and CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 25 Nov. 2019 .
As the subject of E-mail please insert exactly “Agronomist Engineer”
NOTICE: Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime. CCR reserves the right of starting selection