In direct support of the Agriculture Coordinator, the Agriculture Officer will support the agriculture assistance component of the project. In this role, the Agriculture Officer will conduct site visits of beneficiary households, collect data, communicate with beneficiaries, and assist with training on effective farming and business methods. Samaritan's Purse is looking for committed, hardworking applicants with a passion to serve people with dignity.
Manage relationship with selected vulnerable households by conducting on-site interviews to verify vulnerability and state of the households' livelihoods. Serve as a resource to households on best-practices for small scale agriculture and livelihood endeavors.
Regularly meet with beneficiary households to check up on progress towards livelihood goals. Assist in the organizing community focus group discussions to chart plan for future programming related to agriculture and livelihoods.
Coordinate with local vendors and Agriculture Coordinator to arrange for procurement of project supplies. Regularly report on program activities, success stories, lessons learned, and other relevant information to Agriculture Coordinator.
Effectively coordinate with multiple departments: security, logistics, human resources, finance, warehouse and other programs to further relevant program activities.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Degree in agriculture or livelihoods or related field with at least two years of relevant experience. Experience working with NGOs and cash programming highly preferred.
English and Arabic are required; Kurdish preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Agricultural Officer - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language