In direct support of the Program Manager, the Agriculture Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the agriculture assistance component of the project. In this role, the Agriculture Coordinator will manage the distribution of agricultural cash grants and greenhouses, design agriculture trainings, and oversee a team of Agricultural Officers. The Agriculture Coordinator will be responsible for reporting data on activities and offering inputs for reporting requirements.
Select and manage the relationship with beneficiaries. Coordinate with local authorities to identify vulnerable beneficiaries and then conduct on-site interviews to verify vulnerability. Provide technical training on agriculture and basic business practices while also serving as a general resource for beneficiaries.
Organize and oversee community focus group discussions to chart plan for future programming related to agriculture and livelihoods. Supervise and build the capacity of Agriculture Officers help foster a strong, cooperative team
Regularly report on program activities and data to Program Manager including conducting baseline and end-line surveys, focus groups, and follow-up visits with support from the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Effectively coordinate with multiple departments: security, logistics, human resources, finance, warehouse and other programs to further relevant program activities. Interface with local authorities on the implementation of program activities, ensuring committee support and buy-in.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Degree in agriculture or livelihoods or related field with at least two years of relevant experience. Experience working with NGOs and cash programming highly preferred. Experience managing a team required.
English and Arabic is required; Kurdish preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Agricultural Coordinator - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language