Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Asia.
Mission East worked in from 2003, In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, non-food items, WASH, and cash assistance Nineveh and Kirkuk Governorates.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
Main duties and responsibilities
- Make payments and receive funds in accordance with finance procedures.
- Examine supporting documents such as documents and signature are valid.
- Prepare payment vouchers, and receipt vouchers.
- Classifying and archiving financial documentation.
- Prepare cheques/payment orders and ensure that they are properly delivered.
- Record all transactions, on manual/computer systems as appropriate.
- Manage the petty cash.
- Prepare petty cash vouchers.
- Maintain and update ledgers for related payments.
- Keep tracker of advances.
- Bridge the relationship between partner and country office finance for all matters related to financial management.
- Ensure finance polices are in place in its true spirit.
- Support country office for audit related matter.
- Ensure all tax and social security matters are up to date and timely paid in relevant office.
- Be responsible for petty cash held in the office.
- Prepare Petty Cash Form and request additional cash as necessary.
- Carry out cash count at the end of each week, end of each month.
- Ensure that all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner.
- Assist in the production of the monthly accounts (Specifically, produce the cashbooks and the analysed cashbooks for the office).
- Scan all payment vouchers and upload onto online shared drive.
- Assistant Country Finance manager in preparation of budgets, financial reports and other analysis.
- Any other task assigned by Country Finance Manager.
Support in the recruitment process
- Participate in the job interviews
- Schedule the tests and interviews
- Make sure all the Interview sheets are signed and are in place
- Ensure that the required documents from the recruitment are sent to relevant interviewers
- Ensure that vacancy adverts are announced in time and according to the Recruitment Authorization
- Distribute information about open vacancies to all staff and announce on local notice board in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions and SRFs are in place
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Conduct Background check on possible candidates
- Inform unsuccessful applicants
- Conduct exit interviews and assist to fill out the exit forms
- Organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
Ensure job offer letter request is completed and filed as a hard and soft copy.
- Ensure that the employee receives and sign contractual documents.
- Ensure the original signed contract document is filed as a hard and soft copy
Monitor staff performance and attendance activities:
Record the attendance of the staff on daily basis
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Update the monthly leave report
Payroll and Timesheets
Prepare the payroll of the Mosul office
- Make sure all the timesheets are correct and are in place
- Follow up that signed time sheets are sent to HR Coordination before deadline.
- Update personnel files as required and maintain personnel database.
- Maintain the staff database including the addition of new staff members and archiving of old information.
- Assist in all the scanning and printing that are required by the HR coordinator
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities when it’s needed
- Assist in providing the visas and residencies necessary for Mission East expatriate staff.
- Take notes from the weekly staff meetings
- Update the contact list
- Follow up that signed timesheets send them to HR Coordination before the deadline
- Visit Residency office when it needed for the expatriate’s residency and visa issuance or renewal
- Assist and share the re-orientations of the HR policies with the staff on a weekly/monthly basis
- Issue ID cards for the entire staff of Mission East
- Support the field offices when there is a need (as per to HR Coordinator’s request)
- Assist the HR Coordinator in the tasks that might be needed.
- University degree, preferably in the area of Human Resources, Accounting or Business and Management
- Two-year related experience with NGO is necessary
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional background
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good level of computer literacy
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
- Fluency in English and Arabic. Knowledge of Kurdish is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Iraqi labour low.
- Be flexible to visit and stay in the field offices
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude
- Able present organization mission and history clearly and confidently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the " HR and Finance Officer (ME/NIN/MOS/075/102019) - Re-advertisement" in the subject line of the email no later than October 23rd, 2019. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.