The Sports Program Facilitator is responsible for planning and facilitating sports and fitness activities for men, women, girls, and boys at the Yazidi Empowerment Project (YEP) site. Program activities will use physical activity and sport to promote learning and development of essential life skills. Please note this is a part-time position.
- Implement sports programming to promote education, inclusion, and well-being.
- Modify activities to cater to the needs of people of different ages, abilities, and interests.
- Lead discussion sessions to help participants identify essential life lessons that can be learned through sports such as teamwork, conflict resolution, discipline, and dealing with pressure.
- Organize fun and inclusive sporting events to bring the community together.
- Appropriately handle any case of injury that occurs and seek medical attention when necessary.
- Manage inventory of recreational and sports equipment, ensuring equipment is in good condition and amount is sufficient for program needs.
- Communicate all materials and supplies needs to the Program Manager.
- Keep record of student attendance and follow up on absences.
- Collaborate with project team to advertise and recruit participants from surrounding community.
- Submit timely and accurate activity reports to the Program Manager.
- Report concerns regarding a beneficiary or their family to the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Uphold SP Code of Conduct at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personal physical fitness and experience playing a variety of sports.
- Knowledge of sports injuries and prevention techniques and ability to respond calmly and quickly in the event of injury.
- Concern for others and respect for people of all ethnicities, religions, genders, and backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Works well in a diverse team and pressured environment.
- Maintains the highest levels of integrity, stewardship, and confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
- 3-5 years of experience playing a team sport recreationally or professionally
- Coaching experience and/or First Aid Certificate are a plus
- Fluency in Kurdish required.
- Proficiency in English and/or Arabic is a plus.
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
The subject of the email should Sports Program Facilitator - YEP
Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
CVs must be in English language.