ALMORTAQA for Development is an Iraqi independent non-governmental, non-profit, public benefit civil society organization, founded by a group of activists from the Iraqi civil society, on 31/08/2005, and was officially licensed by NGOs Directorate in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers. It operates officially in accordance with the Iraqi law. ALMORTAQA for Development is the first local civil society organization to get UN's special consultative status at the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations since 2013.
About the position:
The key aims of the post are to encourage teachers to develop, students’ awareness and understanding of their right. The post holder will devise and test innovative ways of working with schools audience, developing interactive workshops for schools children, collating required resources and building relationships with schools, coordinating workshop bookings and delivering the workshops. Securing long term funding for the service is also a key element of the education officer’s role. Community education officers are tasked with encouraging people to participate in learning programmers and skills development activities, which they previously may not have been able to pursue a number of reasons. The work involves operational supervision and training of staff and volunteers, project work, and liaison with internal and external stakeholders
Specific duties and responsibilities
• Hold regular meetings with stakeholders including schools, child protection committees, local councils and other organizations serving children and community to familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process.
Lead in community awareness sessions, including identification of relevant awareness sessions topics
Organize meetings with parents and caregivers, to inform them of ALMORTAQA programs and get feedback
Support ALMORTAQA to map services in the community and share with community members
Work in collaboration with partners on the community help desks and ensure feedback mechanisms are working well
Ensure the implementation of agreed plans at the field level to achieve quality results on time.
Mobilize communities (leaders, parents, etc.) and disseminate information about the project to promote community support.
Submit regular updates, reports and case studies on success stories and lessons learned
Collect data from the field in line with program indicators
Build capacity on the program’s approaches and expected results through active participation in staff training and orientation as well as full engagement in the program’s processes
Ensure that the programs are implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with ALMORTAQA’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with ALMORTAQA’s procedures.
Collaboration and Representation:
Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, local leaders, and partners and participates in relevant meetings in SAD and the camps around SAD/Tikrit.
Collaboration with other Community Mobilizers in Mosul or the camps around Salah Mosul to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within ALMORTAQA as appropriate.
- Basic education or adequate equivalent work/life experience;
- Experience with community development, working with children and schools;
- Strong understanding of the situation of the children (girls and boys) in camps and/or urban settings;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Advocacy and coordination skills
- Ability to conduct outreach at the community level;
- Excellent sense of judgment, humor and patience;
- Knowledge of the local language, as well as Arabic, is essential; English language skill is an advantage;
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including familiarity with internet).
- SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CVs attached electronically to
email@example.com with indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email"SAD- Education field officer".
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.