This full time position is based in Dohuk and might require regular trips to Ninewa and Erbil Governorates
General Description of the Program:
Founded in 1994, CDE has a long experience in providing and enabling access to high quality pediatric, general, cardiology, and specialized surgery worldwide. As part of its expertise, CDE supports the construction and rehabilitation of hospital infrastructures and develops the capacities of national medico-surgical teams. In humanitarian crisis, CDE mobilizes its network of highly qualified medical teams to address the needs of the populations. Finally, CDE fosters access to education of most vulnerable children. More than 100,000 children benefit from its health and education programs every year. In the Middle East, CDE has been active in responding to the medico-surgical needs stemming from the Iraqi and Syrian crisis in Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon.
In Iraq CDE has been operating short term missions since 2005 and in the KRI since 2014 implementing pediatric cardiac surgery among refugees, IDPs and host community children including treating more than 300 children through cardiac surgery. In 2016, CDE established a permanent mission in Iraq, with offices in Erbil and Dohuk. Since then CDE has developed, equipped, and operated 3 operating theatre surgical programs in Rabia and Sinuni, Ninewa, and Bardarash, Dohuk, providing emergency and general surgery, specialized orthopedic surgery, ENT surgery, with a focus on service provision for pediatrics and women. Since 2016 the mission has provided over 5,300 medical and surgical consultations, 1,300 surgical interventions and has implemented theoretical and practical capacity building programs by international experts for the Department of Health (DoH) medical teams.
Hierarchic Position in the Organisation:
The Purchasing Officer is under the hierarchical supervision and functional support of the (International) Operations Coordinator and General Coordinator.
General Objective of the Role:
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for supporting Logistics department in facilitating the procurement aspects of CDE operations while ensuring effective procurement management, including optimal and cost effective supply of goods and services throughout the organization.
- Ensure timely procurement in support of the programme in its areas of operation
- Ensure that all aspects of procurement for the country programme is done in line with the CDE procurement procedures and donor policies
- Purchase goods and services efficiently and exceeding compliance standards seeking best value for money.
- Building and managing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve common goals.
- Assist with planning, supervision and distribution to all field operations in close co-ordination with the Logistics & Security Officer and other CDE staff.
- Assist the Logistics & Security Officer with the day-to-day administration of the Logisticss supply chain.
- Deals with government offices related to Logistics (i.e. Custom, Ministry of Finance, Public Security, or other KRG authorities), especially for clearing goods and items for CDE from custom or other official institution.
WAREHOUSING & INVENTORY:
- Maintain oversight of all Logistics records including (but not limited to) Waybills, Goods Received Notes and ensure an updated and current warehouse tracking sheet for all stock where applicable
- Support the Logistics & Security Officer in maintaining an inventory log for of all items purchased by CDE for its offices and accommodation facilities below a purchase value of $ 250 as stock and above $ 250 as inventory
- Ensure that all assets are tagged with Inventory tags depicting them as CDE assets
- Ensure that any missing, lost or stolen assets are tracked and reported to the Logistics & Security Officer
- In conjunction with the Logistics & Security Officer, carry out a physical inventory exercise twice a year for all items.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, tires and vehicle equipment, and conducting the daily safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Be prepared to drive project and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits. While driving a vehicle of CDE, observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in country traffic laws, particularly speed limits.
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Compile the Monthly Fleet Report for vehicles used in Dohuk, Erbil and other project locations and submit to the Logistics & Security Officer.
To follow the security guidelines for Kurdistan and the areas of operation as necessary, and ensure all security measures described in the Security Guidelines document are implemented with all Logistics staff, including drivers.
- Focal point for the up keep of a safe and secure office and accommodation facilities for CDE in Dohuk.
- Maintain functional transport means for expatriate and national surgical staff, including vehicle allocation.
- Maintenance of functional office and house space as well as lodging facilities.
- Installation and maintenance of office support equipment.
- Liaise with designated local engineers on the installation, and maintenance of surgical equipment at project facilities and ensure the recommended schedule of maintenance is followed and updated certification issued.
- Contribute to the smooth start-up of projects.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in optimizing the daily management of Logistics and Supply Chain to ensure that Kurdistan Country Office provides effective and efficient services to the project locations
- To be flexible and execute any other tasks or duties as may be assigned by the Operations Coordinator and General Coordinator
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Equivalent.
- Very good command of English and Kurdish/Arabic.
- Minimum of 2 years purchasing of operational and strategic purchasing experience in industry and/or humanitarian field
- Good understanding of the supply chain processes
- Able to work in a team and as individual
- Good management, administrative and communication skills
- Possession of a valid driving licence for any type of car (2WD/4WD and manual/automatic)
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country (Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Snuny, Rabia, Mosul, Bardarash, etc.)
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus; understanding of humanitarian principles & values is a must
- Knowledge or willingness to learn
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
- Honesty & integrity are a must
- Must be able to build relationships with people from all backgrounds
- Be very flexible regarding time, tasks and responsibilities
- Be very mature, professional, and organized
Please sent a cover letter clearly explaining your skills for this job and why you would be a good candidate along with your CV.
Please note that CVs without a cover letter will not be considered and immediately deleted.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 28th June 2018
Please note: Due to the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.