Under the supervision of the MPCA Manager, the POMPCAwill support the implementation of all MPCA objectives, including beneficiary registration, selection of registered beneficiaries in accordance with established criteria, database management, and provides guidance and information to beneficiaries about the project.
Afkar is currently seeking highly qualified personnel for fieldwork such as Project officer MPCA (Multi-purpose Cash Assistance - POMPCA). We offer a 5-month contract. This is an opportunity for a professional with experience in multi-purpose cash fieldwork or humanitarian assistance in general.About work
The POMPCAwill be based in the Anbar office and will be responsible for the effective and professional performance of MPCA activities under the supervision of the MPCA project Manager.
The position will include the supervision of an MPCA field staff, including the development of its capabilities in MPCA operations.
General objective of the position
- Under the supervision of the MPCA Manager, the POMPCA will support the implementation of all MPCA objectives, including beneficiary registration, selection of registered beneficiaries in accordance with established criteria, database management, and provides guidance and information to beneficiaries about the project.
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and monitoring of all technical aspects of the program activities under its responsibility that Afkar is implementing in Anbar.
- Support the MPCA Manager in developing and maintaining good relationships with people of interest, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to ensure the necessary implementation and coordination for Afkar MPCA activities.
Implementation of the Multipurpose Cash Project
- Participate in the implementation of specific MPCA activities (beneficiary registration, beneficiary selection and provision of information and guidance to beneficiaries);
- Coordinate, plan and monitor the activities of MPCA Enumerators;
- Ensure the highest quality of MPCA interventions and coherence between all ongoing and proposed projects, in accordance with the general strategy;
- Assume leadership of MPCA activities for the area of responsibility.
Programming and Operations
- Ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the program while following the budget and the work plan.
- Participate in the preparation of reports/reports, proposals and monthly / quarterly.
- Ideally a minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in humanitarian or more specific work of MPCA, related to an NGO or other non-profit organization;
- Field and work experience with urban, and / or rural, and / or indigenous communities;
- Excellent experience and ability to interact with people;
- Above average writing skills
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing databases
- Experience in the production of technical material (training material, MPCA tools, reports, documents, etc.);
- Skills and experience in training and capacity building of inexperienced staff.
- Experience with accountability measures and compliance with the requirements of Afkar and donors
Basic Afkar Competencies:
Fight for excellence: focus on achieving results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaboration: involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Take the initiative: take possession and initiative while aiming at innovation.
Communicate: listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Relevant university degree political science, law, international development, social work, psychology, human rights, or equivalent professional qualification.
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter
(Please mention your permanent address in your CVs)
By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write the position title in the subject line ex.
(MPCA Project officer)
CVs without position subject will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted