The project focuses on the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) integrated services as well as capacity building to strengthening the role of health operators and Mental Health professionals in the delivery of MHPSS at urban area level.
The MHPSS Coordinator:
- Technically coordinates the MHPSS activities of the community Workers (CWs) and the Psychologists;
- Provides guidance and supervision to the CWs and the Psychologists;
- Follows the directives/reports to the Technical Advisor (TA).
Job duties and tasks:
The MHPSS Coordinator main responsibilities are:
- Supervision for psychologists and CWs, the organization of Case Management Meetings, and the supervision and the maintenance of the weekly agenda in the PHCs (in collaboration with the Field Coordinator (FCs);
- Management of MHPSS emergencies;
- Collaboration with TA for facilitation of training;
- Timely reporting to the TA;
- Coordinate, promote and manage the MHPSS Mobile Team activities;
Supervision and related tasks
- Provides monthly supervision sessions for CW. Within these sessions, he/she discusses the cases (resilience groups, community workshops and events) as well as general questions of the CW with the TA;
- In cooperation with the field coordinator, organizes and leads weekly Case Management Meetings to discuss the new cases and the follow ups, and manages the Case Management system;
Implementation of treatment plans and Case Management system according to UPP SoPs
- Reviews/analyses caseload trends in order to inform programming;
- Ensures that decisions are appropriately recorded on case files;
- Supports the definition of adequate and integrated treatment plans, from both a clinical and a social perspective under the supervision of the TA.
Management of the emergencies
- In cooperation with the MHPSS Technical Advisor.
- Submits bi-weekly reports to the TA, highlighting achievements, challenges, and progress a well as the results of the needs assessment;
- Support data entry on the project database;
- Supports the PM and the TA in technical reporting with the Donor.
- Degree in Psychology
- At least 3 years working experience as a Psychologist in a clinical setting (e.g. psychiatric hospital, private facilities)
- Familiarity with treatment plan definition and with Case Management (CM)
- Experience with children counselling (individual sessions and groups)
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-‐Point
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity with Mosul context (Est and West)
How To Apply
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV by 15th March 2020, specifying “MHPSS Coordinator - MOSUL” in the email subject to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call.
Interview process will start before the deadline and the position might be filled before the closing date.