About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the MHPSS Advisor: The MHPSS Advisor will provide technical expertise and leadership to support SEED's comprehensive MHPSS services, with a particular focus on case management services, for vulnerable and conflict-affected Iraqis including survivors of torture, trafficking, and gender-based violence (GBV), persons with disabilities and members of minority religious and ethnic communities. The MHPSS Advisor will develop policies, guidance, and protocols; identify capacity building needs and revise and deliver training accordingly; and provide technical supervision support to SEED's Service Delivery Coordinators to ensure high standards of case management. The MHPSS Advisor will also act as a resource for all existing programs and in designing new programs. The MHPSS Advisor will report to the Technical Department Director and work collaboratively with Program Directors and Program Managers across SEED.
Strengthen MHPSS Services through support to SDCs and Case Managers (50%)
- Technical support and supervision of the SDCs in providing guidance to case managers and psychologists in the delivery of services
- Evaluate service providers competencies and identify capacity building needs/gaps in particular for case managers.
- Develop and deliver, or organize, training accordingly
- Provide intensive supervision on cases, including case conferences
- Contribute to staff development plans and performance appraisals
- Ensuring referral pathways are established and implemented by SDCs and other service providers.
Capacity Building, Policy and Technical Leadership (35%)
- Lead on the development of policies, tools, and guidance for Case Management
- Support MH and PSS policy as required
- Develop clear guidelines and standards for case management consistent with international best practice
- Support the development of psychosocial, psychoeducation and community engagement activities
- Develop case management tools, protocols, processes, and policies and adapt resources and materials.
- Ensure that a trauma-informed, survivor-centered approach is applied to all programming and services provided to clients and beneficiaries, including mental health, case management, and psychosocial support.
- Assess the quality of programming and quality of services and make recommendations to strengthen programming and quality of services.
- Assess staff capacity and identify gaps and work closely with the technical unit and management to develop and deliver training to service providers on case management.
- In collaboration SEED’s Technical Unit and Program Managers, refine specialized mental health approaches and standards for SEED including with regard to counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, groups, and families
- Participate in program design and development, and implementation of MH, PSS, and Case Management services
- Provide input on safe and ethical data collection and storage
- Contribute to refining and implementing SEED’s staff care plan
Monitoring and Evaluation (5%)
- Support program M&E, including the development of tools, to ensure that M&E
systems provide adequate feedback
- Make recommendations for program development and course correction
- Support quality reporting
Coordination and Organizational Representation (10%)
- Represent SEED in Cluster and Working Group meetings, with KRG and with donors
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide training for external audiences, as requested
- Provide content and input on communications materials including website, promotional materials, and social media, and ensure it complies with SEED's storytelling policy.
- Master's degree in social work or psychology
- Three years+ experience as a social worker or a psychologist
- Two years overseeing MHPSS Programming in international settings; Iraq experience preferred.
- Strong experience in supervising case management and oversight to MHPSS service providers.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Strong ability to work independently
- High standard of spoken and written English. Arabic and/or Kurdish desirable.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Salary, benefits, and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “MHPSS Advisor” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.