Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the position
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para)medical stand-ards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the supply team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Representing MSF Belgium, participate health cluster meeting and participate negotiation with DoH and MoH with Medical Coordinator.
- Support field medical team on operational research
- Participate and support explore and assessment missions, emergency response to Epidemics outbreak, population displacement and conflict. And new project when it’s required.
- Medical degree essential
- Experience in humanitarian aid preferably within MSF.
- Essential strong understanding of the workings of the different administrations of the country
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Good command (fluent ) of English
- Computer literacy essential
- Patient, fair and respectful
- Ability to work independently with team player attitude
- Good reporting skills
- Diplomacy, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Rigorous, organized, ethical mind-set; flexibility
What we offer:
- Legal contract, full time position
- Pay in accordance with the MSF salary table – Level 9
- Reimbursement of medical expenses in accordance with MSF internal policy
- The chance to gain professional development in an international organisation
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need
If you are confident that you meet the above requirements:
Send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office
ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR (Medical Coordinator Support MSFOCB/BGW/2020/02/04)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept on file in case of future vacancies. MSF has the right to postpone or cancel this recruitment.