DCA has provided life-saving support to conflict affected communities in Iraq since 2017 through the delivery of protection, emergency assistance (multipurpose cash and food baskets), livelihoods and humanitarian mine action (HMA) capacity enhancement.
This media package, will focus on DCA’s current Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA), Improvised explosive Device Disposal (IEDD) activities in Salah Al-Din (in particular – Al Shirqat) focusing on DCA as one of the only clearance actors in Al Shirqat.
The objective of this position is to increase DCA visibility to donors regarding search and clearance in SAD and highlight the widespread contamination.
Also to increase funding opportunities in SAD (capacity building and self-implementation).
Results to be achieved by the Contractor:
1. To produce a short film on DCA’s clearance activities and highlight the widespread explosive contamination in SAD and the lack of actors.
2. To produce a portfolio of photographs that can be used by DCA.
3. Produce a short media article on activities to be shared by DCA (CO and HQ)
Risks & Assumptions
1. Assuming the security situation does not prevent access to area of implementation
Scope of the Services
Project Location: DCA Al Shirqat Office and task sites in and around Al Shirqat.
Tasks to be carried out by Contractor:
· Design of story board and media package
· Filming, editing, photography
· Writing of article
· Interviews with stakeholders
· Ensure own access arrangements and travel to area of operation
The Management structure: The contractor will report to the DCA Programme Coordinator
Timing, logistics and facilities
· The contract will begin on 01/10/2022
· Location: Al Shirqat and surrounding task sites
· Submission of final media package 20.11.2022
· Late submissions will receive financial penalties at DCA digression
· Final submission of media package 20.11.2022
- Previous experience creating video content for NGOs in Iraq is essential
- Arabic and English is essential
- Previous experience writing articles and producing photographs for NGO’s/ Companies/ media outlets
- Must be available to start from 01.10.22
- Accommodation, access, and transportation from/to DCA Office in Al Shirqat will be covered by the contractor.
- Only online applications consisting of a CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages each) , will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Previous portfolio of work and at least two references
- Successful candidates will be asked to present a media plan prior to the implementation period.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
DCA conducts background and reference checks as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Deadline for applications 31 of August 2022
To apply, click the apply button below.